Oats and Chicken Harees/ Daleem. Try this slip smacking Chicken Oats Haleem/Daleem this Ramzan. Chicken harees – hyderabadi bawarchi ki original recipe- ramzan special- iftar recipe. Hello everyone Welcome to my channel Thank you for watching Do check out my channel and videos Allow me to grow and make videos viral And you know what.
Blend special chicken daleem with oats. Served with tarka, extra masala and salad. Prepare a healthy and delicious meal for your family this weekend. You can have Oats and Chicken Harees/ Daleem using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Oats and Chicken Harees/ Daleem
- Prepare 800 gm of Chicken breast.
- Prepare 1 cup of mixed lentils (bengal gram,split yellow,red and pigeon pea lentils).
- It’s 3 cups of Oats.
- It’s 4 of Onions sliced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Ginger garlic paste.
- It’s 2-3 of Green chillies chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of Garam masala.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of blackpepper powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of curd.
- Prepare 5 of peppercorns,2 cinnamon sticks,4 cloves.
- It’s 1 tsp of caraway seeds.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cubeb powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped mint leaves.
- It’s 1/4 cup of coriander leaves.
- You need 1 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of ghee.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of oil.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cashewnut paste.
Add chicken,mix well until chicken changes color. Now add prepared spice mix and mix well. Chicken Oats Haleem Stewed Shredded Chicken and Oats. Daleem (haleem)is a stew composed of meat, lentil and pounded wheat made into a thick paste.
Oats and Chicken Harees/ Daleem step by step
- In a cooking pot, heat ghee and oil together. Saute ginger garlic paste. Add the whole spices now. Saute all for a minute and then add the chicken cubes followed by the spices..
- Cover and let it cook on a low heat. Allow it to cool down a bit and then mash it well. Spices can be adjusted according to taste..
- Next add oats along with 5 -6 cups of water to another pot and let it cook on a low heat. Soak cashews for a few minutes and then make a smooth paste of it..
- Pressure cook mixed lentils with salt to taste,green chillies and turmeric. Once done add them to the simmering oats. Mix well and cook until oats are soft and mushy. Also add cashewnut paste to it. Will be done in 20-25 minutes..
- Now add cooked and mashed chicken to the oats and lentil mix. Stir until well combined. Add deep fried onions along with mint and coriander leaves. Reserve some of these for final garnishing..
- Adjust salt at this point. Sprinkle garam masala and cubeb powders. Mix well and cook for 5 more minutes..
- Serve hot garnished with fried onions and greens. Also don't forget to add a generous dollop of ghee on top..
It originated as an Arabic dish and was introduced to the Hyderabad state (India) by the Arab Diaspora during the Nizam of Hyderabad's rule. Boil the chicken with the cinnamon stick, bay leaf, the onion. Chicken was actually used in Harees because it was cheaper in price hence affordable by all & lamb became the rich man's option. All three i.e Chicken You would find the spicier version of Harees in the market as well i.e all ingredients of Haleem are used in its preparation but with the meat to wheat. Obtain from the Custodian of Clouds quest(Archon Quest) in Mt.