Avocado Chicken Enchilada Casserole. LOVE this easy Chicken Enchilada Casserole recipe! It's made with the best homemade enchilada sauce, and layered with corn tortillas, cheese, beans, and your favorite fillings. Add chicken and saute until chicken pieces are browned and juices run clear.
Enchilada casseroles are a great way to enjoy the flavors of enchiladas without all the hassle of rolling each individually. Avocado based sauces for enchiladas are all the rage these days because they provide a delicious creamy element that is also good for you. This Chicken Enchilada Casserole is made with an avocado cream sauce for an easy creamy chicken enchilada casserole that the whole family will love! _ You're going to LOVE this Chicken Enchilada Casserole recipe, made with THE BEST creamy avocado green enchilada sauce! You can have Avocado Chicken Enchilada Casserole using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Avocado Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- You need 2 cups of sour cream.
- Prepare 2 cups of salsa verde.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 6 of flour tortillas.
- Prepare 3 of large cans shredded chicken.
- Prepare 1-2 of avocados.
- Prepare 8 oz of bag Mexican Cheese.
- It’s 1/2 of tps black pepper.
All the deliciousness of enchiladas in an easy layered casserole, sign me up! Avocado Chicken Enchilada Casserole is equally creamy, delicious, and easy! Perfect for an easy weeknight dinner! That is always a hit at our house and so much so that I usually make double because.
Avocado Chicken Enchilada Casserole instructions
- Preheat oven to 350. Combine sour cream, salsa verde, milk & black pepper in a bowl. Whisk together..
- Pour a layer of the sourcream mixture onto pan. Then cut tortillas in half and layer on top of mixture..
- Then take 1-1/2 cansof shredded chicken & layer on top of tortillas. Then dice avocado in shell, scoop out & layer on top of chicken..
- Layer more sour cream mixture on top, then add 1/2 the bag of cheese. Repeat- layer tortillas, chicken, avocado, sour cream mixture & rest of cheese..
- Sprinkle black pepper on top if desired. Bake 50 minutes, then let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving..
This chicken enchilada casserole is creamy cheesy perfection and it's so easy to throw together since everything is layered together instead of rolled. This chicken enchilada casserole has all the flavors of my favorite enchilada recipe without all of the work involved in rolling up individual enchiladas! The simple homemade enchilada sauce takes this dish over the top. Serve with avocado, cilantro and Greek yogurt. Chicken enchilada casserole is the casserole I put together when I was pregnant to store in the freezer for an easy dinner.