Filipino Chicken Adobo. Chicken Adobo is a type of Filipino chicken stew. Chicken pieces are marinated in soy sauce and spices, pan-fried, and stewed until tender. The dish gained popularity because of its delicious taste.
Philippine adobo (from Spanish adobar: "marinade," "sauce" or "seasoning") is a popular Filipino dish and cooking process in Philippine cuisine that involves meat, seafood. Filipino Adobo Chicken – Chicken braised in vinegar and soy sauce with lots of garlic. Not only is it so easy to make, but because it's incredibly flavorful and my kids love it! You can cook Filipino Chicken Adobo using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Filipino Chicken Adobo
- You need 1 of tray of chicken thighs ( about 10 pieces ).
- Prepare 4 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 cup of soy sauce.
- You need 1 cup of vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 3 large of potatoes.
This Filipino Chicken Adobo is a definite step away from "the same old"! Chicken thighs and drumsticks braised in pungent vinegar and soy sauce with an addition of garlic and ginger. Filipino Chicken Adobo: meltingly tender braised chicken in a tangy, vinegary garlic sauce. And the good news is, it's easy to make Filipino chicken adobo at home with common ingredients.
Filipino Chicken Adobo instructions
- In a large pot mix together the soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, bay leaves and sugar..
- Add your chicken to the pot and cover. Let it marinade for 2 hours..
- After the chicken has been marinating for 2 hours, cook on the stove covered over medium heat. Once it starts to get to a medium boil be sure to stir every 15 minutes for 2 hours..
- Peel and cut up your potatoes and add to the pot during the last half hour of cooking..
- Serve with rice..
Chicken Adobo is a Filipino chickenrecipe that is well loved by many people. The ingredients are chicken, bay leaves, black peppercorn and bay leaves. You can use any parts of the chicken. With a marinade of vinegar, black peppercorns, bay leaves, and tamari, it has the perfect balance of sweet. Chicken adobo is one of the most famous and talked-about dishes in Filipino cuisine.