Cajun Chicken Thigh Pie. This Cajun chicken feast is perfect for the hole of pies: juicy chicken thighs and fresh vegetables combine with slightly spicy, slightly smoky Cajun seasonings, to bake under a sweet cornbread crust that's just pure flavor. A delicious creamy chicken pot pie with a little bit of kick. Just add a salad, some bread and you have a wonderful, easy, fast satisfying comfort meal!
Lean chicken breast coated in easy homemade cajun seasoning for a healthy dinner with a lot of flavour. Cajun Blackened Chicken Thighs are easy to make and this recipe is a frugal one too. This week I have joined my friends in the Sunday Supper Movement and we are sharing our frugal recipes. You can cook Cajun Chicken Thigh Pie using 12 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cajun Chicken Thigh Pie
- You need 2 of chicken thighs (diced).
- You need 1 of red pepper (diced).
- You need 2 of carrots (diced).
- You need 1 of jalapeño (diced).
- You need 1 of onion (diced).
- You need 3 of green onions.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Cajun seasoning.
- It’s of Cornbread.
- It’s 3/4 cup of corn muffin mix.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cheese.
- It’s of Green part of green onion.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
The cajun blackened chicken thighs dish would go well with rice (brown or white) or roasted potatoes.. Spiced Chicken Thighs Recipes on Yummly Slow Cookers Cajun Jambalaya, Zatarain's® Creole Jambalaya, Andouille And Chicken Gumbo With Black-eyed Peas And Greens. Cajun Chicken – moist, juicy, tender Cajun baked chicken with crispy skin.
Cajun Chicken Thigh Pie instructions
- Oil pan. Combine chicken and all vegetables (except for green part of green onions) into a pan on medium-high heat. Add seasoning. Cook and stir for 8 minutes. Add 2 teaspoons of corn mix at the end and stir. Then add some water and simmer for a 1-2 minutes..
- Transfer the mix to a baking pan. Evenly top the pan with the cornbread mix and bake for 20 minutes at 400. Let set and it’s done. Garnish with green onion..
Imagine juicy, moist chicken thighs meat with perfect char on the skin, with the heat and flavors from the Cajun seasonings. These delicious, Cajun Chicken Thighs are slimming friendly and can be enjoyed if you're counting calories or following a plan like Weight Watchers. Our Cajun Chicken Thighs are perfect for throwing on the BBQ and eating al fresco with a beautiful glass of wine – they really are a fantastic summer treat! Rinse chicken thighs under cold water; pat dry with paper towels. Coat chicken with the rub, then brush or spray with olive oil.