Harissa spiced cauliflower with lemon and mint chicken and lentils. Love the spice.this would quickly become a favorite lunch around here. Cauliflower steaks with lemon-caper black lentils and Moroccan white bean puree: An impressive vegan and gluten-free entree. To start, the white bean puree lays a smoky-sweet foundation for meaty cauliflower steaks.
Put the onion in a small bowl and toss with the lemon juice, the sugar and a pinch of salt. Roast chicken thighs with the cauliflower and shred the meat with two forks before stirring it. We can't get enough of this Harissa-Crusted Roasted Cauliflower recipe by A Mummy Too. You can cook Harissa spiced cauliflower with lemon and mint chicken and lentils using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Harissa spiced cauliflower with lemon and mint chicken and lentils
- You need of Chicken.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves – crushed but skin left on.
- It’s 1 of large or 2 small chicken breasts.
- It’s of Juice of 1 lemon.
- You need 1 tsp of chopped mint leaves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chopped parsley leaves.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare of Cauliflower.
- It’s 1 head of cauliflower.
- It’s 1 tbsp of harissa spice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s of Lentils.
- You need 1 of pouch of puy lentils.
- You need 1 1/2 of sweet peppers.
- You need 2 of spring onions chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chopped mint.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chopped parsley.
- It’s of Juice 1/2 lemon.
- You need of Drizzle of olive oil.
- Prepare of Seasoning.
- It’s 1 tbsp of yogurt (optional).
Super simple to make, healthy and bursting with flavour. This roasted cauliflower recipe is an easy vegetarian cauliflower harissa recipe served with pangritata. There's a careful balance of flavours here – a sweetness from the honey, a warming spice from the harissa, a freshness from the lemon – and they're all soaked up by the cauliflower. This isn't your typical chicken dinner.
Harissa spiced cauliflower with lemon and mint chicken and lentils step by step
- Cut the chicken into large strips, add all of the ingredients and some salt and pepper. Cover and leave in the fridge for 45mins-1hr.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Chop the cauliflower into florets, drizzle with olive oil and harissa spice. Mix until completely coated. And put in the oven for 40 minutes or until soft..
- Chop the pepper into three halfs and place on the shelf next to the cauliflower. Cooks for 20-30 minutes until the skin starts to blister. Then remove and set aside to cool..
- Now prepare your lentils. Cook the pouch according to the packet instructions and leave to cool. Meanwhile chop the herbs, spring onions and slice the peppers. Mix together in a bowl with the lemon juice, olive oil and season to taste..
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven. And prepare the chicken by heating a large pan (ideally a grill pan but I didn’t have one). Fry the chicken over a medium heat until golden brown on one side (roughly 2mins). Turn over and cook until golden brown on the other side too. Once cooked (cut a piece open to check), remove from the heat..
- Assemble your salad and drizzle with natural yogurt, olive oil or whatever else you fancy..
Pinch freshly cracked black Spread cauliflower mixture around the chicken in a single layer on the pan. Harissa-as-condiment is good entry-level stuff, but to unlock its full potential, think of it as a As good as harissa may be with lamb and chicken, my favorite applications are totally meat-free. Toss cauliflower florets with concentrated harissa paste and olive oil, then roast until golden brown and. If you're not familiar with harissa, it's a blend of chiles, spices, garlic, and olive oil. It livens up simple chicken and veggies in this sheet-pan dinner!