Easy Chicken Pot Pie. Plus, this homemade chicken pot pie is super easy to make, which makes it a great recipe for beginner cooks and busy families alike. This homemade chicken pot pie recipe streamlines your work by using frozen mixed vegetables, a can of condensed cream of chicken soup and your "secret ingredient," Original Bisquick™ mix. This easy chicken pot pie recipe is made with creamy chicken cubes, sauteed vegetables, and topped with an easy baked puff pastry crust.
It's so easy, and the chicken is always tender. Next add butter to the pan, and stir it around until it melts. Our cream of chicken soup makes a rich and creamy sauce and the biscuit mix topping makes it easier than ever to whip up this pot pie. You can cook Easy Chicken Pot Pie using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Chicken Pot Pie
- You need 3 of chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces.
- You need 1 of carrot, peeled and cut up.
- It’s 2 of potatoes, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1/4 can of corn, drained.
- You need 1/4 can of peas, drained.
- You need 1 stalk of celery, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 tsp of salt and pepper.
- You need 3 cup of half and half.
- It’s 4 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 2 of Pillsbury roll out pie crusts.
Chicken pot pie savory pie filled with cooked chicken, onion, carrot, and peas in a creamy sauce. With a flaky, buttery crust, it's comfort food at its finest. Check out our new cookbook Insanely Easy Chicken Dinners. These Individual Chicken Pot Pies are easy to make, stuffed with chicken, carrots, and celery, and topped with a delicious flaky buttermilk crust.
Easy Chicken Pot Pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook and brown chicken breasts.
- In separate pan combine olive oil and veggies, cook until soft.
- Combine chicken and vegetables over heat, sprinkle flour over mixture and let cook for a 2-5 minutes.
- Pour half and half over mixture and cook until it comes to a simmer, stirring frequently..
- Roll pie crust over pie pan, keep the second pie crust aside..
- Fill pie with veggies and chicken mixture then roll second crust over the top and press the edges of both the crusts together.
- Bake in oven for 35 minutes, or until golden brown..
- Let sit for for 10 minutes, serve and enjoy!.
Chicken pot pie is one of my favorite meals. It's everything warm and comforting about food all wrapped up in a flaky pie crust. This chicken pot pie recipe is loaded with flavor. It's got flaky pie crust and a buttery creamy chicken pot pie filling with chicken breast, a mix of fresh and I initially wanted to make an easy chicken pot pie. So, I started out using refrigerated pie dough, all frozen vegetables, and all dried herbs.