Famous Chicken Adobo. Reviews for: Photos of Famous Chicken Adobo. Chicken Adobo is a type of Filipino chicken stew. Chicken pieces are marinated in soy sauce and spices, pan-fried, and stewed until tender.
Chicken adobo makes a perfect dish for weeknight dinner as the cooking process is so easy. Chicken Adobo is the most popular and famous dish in the Philippines. Chicken is braised, low and slow, in tangy, vinegary garlic sauce until it is meltingly tender and falling off the bone. You can cook Famous Chicken Adobo using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Famous Chicken Adobo
- You need 1 of whole chicken cut up.
- You need 3/4 cup of soy sauce.
- You need 3/4 cup of vinegar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of oyster sauce.
- You need 3/4 cup of sprite.
- It’s 10 cloves of garlic crushed.
- Prepare 1 of small onion chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of peppercorn.
- You need 5 pcs of bay leaves (optional).
Chicken adobo is a Filipino treasure and considered to be the national dish. It was first noted by the Spanish back in This one however is the one I think is most famous and loved all over the world. Chicken adobo is a savory, vinegary chicken stew that's as easy to make as it is delicious. There are two truths about chicken adobo: Every Filipino family has its own recipe (and that recipe is.
Famous Chicken Adobo step by step
- Take a whole chicken and cut it up in serving size pieces.
- Take a large wok or skillet and heat up oil. Add onions and garlic and sauté until brownish. Should take about 3-4 minutes depending on how high your heat is.
- Add chicken and sauté until chicken is fully brown on both sides.
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, and oyster sauce and let it simmer for 8-10 minutes on medium heat.
- Add sprite, peppercorn and bay leave and let it simmer on low for another 15-20 minutes or until most of the liquids have been absorbed to your desired amount.
- Best served with white rice. Enjoy!.
Chicken adobo is a Filipino recipe made with only a few ingredients. Chicken Adobo is a Filipino dish that features chicken braised in a mixture of soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, and black peppercorns. Chicken Adobo – crazy delicious Filipino Chicken Adobo recipe made in one pot. Adobo – is considered the Philippine national dish and has been famous all. Perhaps the most famous dish in the Filipino repertoire, chicken adobo has as many versions as there are cooks in the Philippines.