Authentic and Easy Thai Green Curry.
You can cook Authentic and Easy Thai Green Curry using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Authentic and Easy Thai Green Curry
- Prepare 250 grams of Chicken (Breast meat or thigh meat).
- Prepare 1 of Eggplant.
- It’s 1 of or 2 Bell Peppers (red or yellow).
- Prepare 1 packages of Shimeji, king oyster, or whatever mushroom you like.
- You need 1 small of Boiled bamboo shoots.
- You need 2 tbsp of Green curry paste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 100 ml of Coconut milk.
- Prepare 300 ml of Coconut Milk + water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ★Sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of ★ Fish sauce.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of ★Salt.
- You need 4 of or 5 Basil leaves (optional).
Authentic and Easy Thai Green Curry step by step
- Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise, then roughly chop into chunks. Cut the bell peppers into thick strips. Break the shimeji mushrooms into small clumps. Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces..
- Put oil in a pot, add green curry paste and stir fry for 1 minute over low heat..
- Add 100 ml of coconut milk and chicken, turn the heat to medium, and stir fry..
- If you are substituting soy milk or milk for the 100 ml of coconut milk, add 1/2 tablespoon each of vegetable oil and sugar..
- When the chicken changes color, add eggplant and bell peppers. If you are going to use bamboo shoots or mushrooms, add now..
- When the vegetables have softened a bit, add the ★ ingredients and the 300 ml of coconut milk + water and boil for 3 – 4 minutes..
- If you are substituting soy milk or milk for the 300 ml of coconut milk + water, add 1/2 tablespoon of vegetable oil and 1 tablespoon of sugar..
- Have a taste. It might not be spicy enough depending on the green curry paste you used. If necessary you can add more green curry paste..
- Now add the basil leaves (if you can get it, use basil imported from Thailand), turn off the heat, and it's done.♪ The basil is optional, so it's okay if you don't use it..
- This is also good with prawns or thinly sliced pork. If you use prawns, blanch first..
- When making Thai rice, it's best to reduce the amount of water a little bit..
- This green curry is also good over cooked somen noodles..