Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuit Topper. Cooked chicken simmers in a rich parsley-flecked sauce with carrots, peas, and celery. The delectable filling is baked under prepared biscuits for a comforting pot pie that's easy to put together. Chicken pot pie is just so good.
And if you cross me on this, I'll bring you a chicken pot pie with biscuits to change your mind. This chicken pot pie is perfect for a cold winter night, whether it's for your family or all of your closest friends. I think, no, I know, Cleo would approve! You can have Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuit Topper using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuit Topper
- You need 2 T of Butter.
- It’s 1 C of Thinly Sliced Celery.
- It’s 1 C of Sliced Carrots.
- It’s 1/2 C of Chopped Onion.
- You need 1 Lb of Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Halves, cut into 3/4" pieces.
- It’s 2 T of Gluten-Free Flour.
- Prepare 1/2 t of Dried Thyme, crushed.
- It’s 1/4 t of Salt.
- Prepare 1/4 t of Pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/2 C of Almond Milk.
- You need 1/2 C of Frozen Peas.
- You need 1 C of Gluten-Free Flour.
- You need 1/4 t of Salt.
- You need 1/4 C of Butter.
- It’s 1/2 C of Almond Milk.
Drop biscuit topper in nine mounds on top of chicken mixture. This chicken pot pie is topped with cheese and green onion biscuits. The biscuits are full of flavor and they're a great alternative to pie pastry. This chicken pot pie is baked to perfection with a biscuit topping.
Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuit Topper step by step
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a 2-Q square or rectangular baking dish with olive oil..
- In a large skillet, melt 2 T butter over medium heat. Add the next three ingredients; cook 8 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Add chicken; cool 5 minutes or just until browned, stirring occasionally. Stir in the next four ingredients; gradually stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir in peas; cook and stir 1 minute more. Cover and keep warm..
- For biscuit topper, in a medium bowl stir together the next three ingredients. Using a pastry blender, cut in 1/4 C butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in center of flour mixture. Add 1/2 C almond milk all at once; Stir just until moistened..
- Transfer chicken mixture to prepared baking dish. Crumble biscuit topper on top of chicken mixture. Bake 20 minutes or until filling is bubbly and biscuits are golden. Let stand 10 minutes before serving..
Topping a chicken pot pie with biscuit dough results in an amazing combination of textures: fluffy, crusty biscuits and creamy chicken filling. I grew up with individual, double-crusted chicken pot pies, while my husband always had the biscuit-topped casserole version. Classic chicken pot pie is a savory pie made with a flaky pie crust. For this recipe we're trading the pie crust for buttery, flaky biscuits. Carefully remove the pan from the oven as it will be very hot.