Saag gosht. Heat a heavy non-stick pan over high heat. Sear the meat, turning and tossing, until nicely browned all over. Today's dish, Saag Gosht, which can be made with either beef or lamb, is another Punjabi favorite.
Transfer the beef to a plate and set aside. Heat the oil in a large flameproof casserole over a medium heat. Stir in the ginger and tomato and fry for another minute. You can have Saag gosht using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Saag gosht
- It’s 1/2 kg of saag.
- It’s 1 kg of palak.
- It’s 3 tbs of sookhi kasuri maithi.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of zeera.
- You need 1 of small size pyaaz.
- Prepare 1 of medium size tamatar.
- You need 6 of _7sabaz mirchen.
- It’s 1 tbs of adrak lehson paste.
- It’s 1/2 kg of chicken.
- Prepare 2 tsp of laal mirch powder.
- You need 1 tbs of darla laal mirch.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- It’s 2 tsp of darla dhaniya.
- You need 1/2 tsp of haldi powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of namak or to taste.
- You need 1/2 tsp of chinese salt.
- You need 4 tsp of desi ghee.
Saag gosht is also known as palak gosht, as the words "saag" and "palak" are used interchangeably for spinach in some parts of India, such as Punjab. You can use lamb chops for this recipe, if you prefer. Reprinted with permission from The Indian Cooking Course DIRECTIONS. Heat butter and oil in large pan.
Saag gosht step by step
- Sab se phlee saag or palak achii trhaan dhoo krr usee ek bartan mein daal kar bger pani ke use ubaal lein phirr use nikaal ke thora thndaa hone ke baad choop kar lein taa k woo bilkull paste naa bnee.
- Phir handi mein 1/2 cup oil daal dein or us mein 1/2 tsp zeera daal dein or pyaaz daal dein jab pyaaz halka brown ho jaay to us main adrak lehson kaa paste dal kar bhunen jab adrak lehson ka paste halka brown ho jaay to us main chicken daal ke tb tak bhunen ke chicken ka pani sookh jay or chicken par clr a jay.
- Us ke baad tamatar or sabaz mirchon ko chopped kar ke us bhune hoe chicken mein daalen orr 3 tsb kasuri maithi daal kar use achii trhaan bhunen.
- Us ke baad us mein lal mirch powder,darla laal mirch,darla dhaniya,namak,garam masala,haldi,daal dein or thoraa saa paanii daal krr achi trhaan bhunen jab tak oil upar naa a jaay.
- Phir us mein ublaa hvaa saag add kar ke achi trhaan mix karein orr ek gillas pani daal dein ya jitna patla saag ap rkhnaa chahte hain add kar ke medium flame par use pakayn 10 se 15 min or us mein 1/2tsp chinese salt add kar ke use mix kar dein phir jab saag ka extra paani sookh jaay to use plate main daal krr us ke upar adrak sabaz mirchn lal gol mirchn orr desi ghee daal krr paish karen.
Add onions, garlic and spices and fry over gentle heat until onions are soft. Add meat and fry, stirring occasionally, until evenly browned. Hindi: palak Treasure house of vitamins and minerals, spinach must be included in the week's menu. The usage can be varied: chopped spinach leaves cooked with potatoes is a semi-wet vegetable with rotis, a few spinach leaves thrown in with mixed vegetables and turned into a soup is lovely on a cold winter night, chopped and blanched spinach makes a different sort of raita, spinach puree can be. Saag paneer is a dish that contains paneer, a type of cheese.