Teriyaki Chicken – Stovetop Recipe. Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are quickly browned, then simmer in a sweet and savory teriyaki sauce flavored with orange marmalade and dry white wine for a takeout-style dinner that's ready in less than an hour. Here's a delicious stovetop Teriyaki Chicken recipe that can be made in a jiffy. Pair it with steamed broccoli and rice and you've got yourself a meal.
Classic Chicken Teriyaki prepared in the authentic Japanese cooking method. Juicy and tender chicken is glazed in a flavorful homemade teriyaki sauce! Each time I make teriyaki recipes, I would change things up slightly based on the ingredients. You can have Teriyaki Chicken – Stovetop Recipe using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Teriyaki Chicken – Stovetop Recipe
- You need 1 lb. of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need pinch of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Teriyaki Sauce :.
- You need 1/4 cup of soy sauce (reduced sodium recommended).
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of honey.
- You need 2 tbsp. of rice wine vinegar.
- You need 2 tsp. of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of sesame oil.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of ground ginger.
- You need 1 tbsp. of cornstarch.
- It’s of Optional Garnishes :.
- It’s of ·sesame seeds.
- You need of ·scallions.
In today's recipe, I added grated onion and. I obviously don't know what meat or sauce you are using so you should try these plans to achieve the perfect teriyaki chicken/beef. We absolutely love this recipe — the chicken is almost addictive. The recipe is simple, quick, and provides lots If you don't have a broiler, an outdoor grill or a grill pan set onto the stovetop are excellent alternatives.
Teriyaki Chicken – Stovetop Recipe step by step
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the teriyaki ingredients until all are blended well. Set aside..
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the chicken to the skillet and season with the salt and pepper. This is also a good time to start whatever side items you'd like to serve with this dish (rice, steamed veggies, etc….).
- Cook the chicken, stirring around often, until chicken is cooked all the way through. Cook time varies depending on how big your pieces of chicken are, but it should cook relatively quickly..
- Once chicken is cooked through, pour the teriyaki sauce into the skillet and stir to cover all the chicken with the sauce..
- Bring sauce to a simmer for just a minute or two (it will thicken quickly). Once it reaches a thick, syrup-like consistency, remove skillet from heat..
- Serve garnished with sesame seeds and scallions if you'd like. I usually make jasmine rice and steamed broccoli to go with it, but serve with whatever sounds good to you!.
You can also bake the chicken, although, you won't get. Tender chicken cooked in a delicious, slightly sweet, and tangy sauce. What more could you ask for? 😉. Reheat:Microwave or stovetop until heated through. *Storage times may vary based on temperature and conditions. By :Cooking Under Pressure Cookbook by Matt Pelton.