Chicken Pie. Chicken pie is proper comfort food for a family dinner. We have lots of recipes whether you like puff pastry, potato-topped or a light filo-wrapped Chicken pie is proper comfort food for a family dinner. Get the perfect chicken pie whether you opt for crisp puff or buttery shortcrust pastry.
From easy chicken and mushroom pie to spectacular pithiviers. The Ultimate Homemade Chicken Pot Pie. How to make Chicken Puffs with Homemade Puff Pastry Sheets. You can cook Chicken Pie using 23 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Pie
- You need 1 of pastry for double crust pie (see recipe).
- It’s of Alternatively, buy 2 premade puff-crust doughs.
- It’s 1 of whole chicken.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion whole.
- You need 1 of large stem celery chopped.
- You need 1 of small stem celery (whole, with leaves).
- You need 1 of leek, white part only, sliced.
- You need 240 gr of mushrooms (chopped in quarters).
- Prepare 10 of calamata olives (pitted and halfed).
- You need 3 tablespoons of flour.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of pepper.
- It’s 1 of egg white.
- You need 1 can of green peas.
- You need 1/3 of carrot, whole.
- You need 2/3 of carrot, chopped.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need of olive oil.
- You need of oregano.
- It’s 20 g. of butter.
- It’s 80-100 gr of bacon, chopped finely.
- You need 2 of lt. boiling water.
Making chicken pot pie is easier than you think with these deliciously inspired recipes. Nothing says comfort food like a good, old fashioned homemade chicken pot pie. This Chicken Pot Pie recipe is made by poaching uncooked chicken in stock and milk which is then Here's what goes in Chicken Pot Pie. Nothing unusual here – but just a couple of comments on some.
Chicken Pie instructions
- Cut chicken into pieces. Heat oil in a large pot, stirfry 1/2 whole onion, 1/3 whole carrot, celery stem and garlic cloves together with chicken backbone, breast and thighs and interiors if available (reserve drumsticks and wings for a different dish); flip once or twice until browned. Add salt, pepper, oregano, leek leaves and boiling water (2 lt.). Boil for 1/2 hour medium high heat, covered, then let simmer for additional 15m-30m. Reserve chicken and strain stock, discard veggies..
- While chicken is cooking, make dough according to recipe. Divide dough in 2 and reserve each ball in plastic film, room temperature..
- When you are done with the dough, add oil to a pan and stirfry chopped onion, carrot, leek and celery. Reseve. Stirfry bacon (optional) and mushrooms. Reserve together with the rest of the veggies..
- When the chicken has cooled down, remove meat from bones and cut in bite size pieces (size to taste). Be sure to prevent bone or cartilage to mix with the meat. Discard bones..
- Heat butter in a pan, add flour and stir until browned. Slowly add broth to create a gravy-like consistency. Add reserved stirfried veggies, add chicken meat, add green peas, add olives. Here's where you can be creative and add/remove/replace any of the ingredients (but if you remove the chicken, it's not a chicken pie anymore 😁)..
- Add stock and make it slightly more liquid that the consistency you want inside the chicken pie. Season to taste and let simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until you reach the consistency you desire. Turn oven on and preheat @ 200C..
- Roll half of the dough and lay it in the pan, covering the edges and leaving excess to fold the dough (use ~1 to 2 inches high pie pan). Roll top dough to make sure it covers the pan. (There should be some excess dough that you can use for decoration or some extra biscuits). Fill the bottom dough with the mix in the pan, making sure it does not overflow..
- Cover with top dough, cut excess dough off and stick edges together and roll them in. Use part (or all) of the excess dough to add ornaments to the dough..
- Brush eggwhite on top of dough and make small wholes evenly to let steam escape..
- Bake in oven for 20-30 mins, until top crust is cooked and browned. Let rest for 5-10 mins before serving..
This chicken pot pie recipe is loaded with flavor. It's got flaky pie crust and a buttery creamy chicken pot pie filling with chicken breast, a mix of fresh and frozen vegetables. Loads of delicious chicken pie recipes for classics like chicken and leek pie, chicken and mushroom pie, as well as tasty ideas like curried chicken puff pastry parcels. This classic Chicken Pot Pie is filled with tender pieces of chicken, carrot, celery, potato, and herbs. Sometimes people think of chicken pot pie as boring freezer food, but when it's done right, made.