Bourbon Chicken over white rice. Easy Bourbon Chicken that's crispy, sweet, sticky and tastes just like the kind you grew up eating at the mall made at home with just one pan! Making this Crispy Bourbon Chicken actually makes me feel like a teenager. A teenager who was a rebel and once actually took Chinese food into the movie.
That sticky bourbon chicken with rice on a blue plate/bowl basically sums This looks fantastic! Question: does it matter what type of vinegar? Bourbon Chicken isn't actually made with Bourbon, but that doesn't stop me from adding a bit. 🙂. You can have Bourbon Chicken over white rice using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bourbon Chicken over white rice
- You need 2 lbs of chicken breasts cubed.
- You need 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove crushed.
- It’s 1/4 of tspn ginger.
- Prepare 3/4 of tspn crushed red pepper.
- You need 1 of //4 cup apple juice.
- You need 1/3 cup of light brown sugar.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of ketchup.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of cider vinegar.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 1/3 cup of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of corn starch.
Chicken thighs work best as they are so much more forgiving than white meat chicken. If you must use white meat chicken, just lessen the cook time by three minutes. We ate the Bourbon Chicken over a heaping bowl of steamed rice, with a bottle of hot sauce at the ready. Everything is better when hotter, in my humble opinion, but the dish is fantastic without.
Bourbon Chicken over white rice instructions
- Add olive oil to pan and cook cubed chicken til lightly brown..
- Remove chicken from pan. Add all other ingredient. Heat over medium, stirring often, til well blended and dissolved..
- Put chicken back into pan reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes uncovered..
- Serve hot over rice.
Falls in love with a buttery serving of cornbread. Be the first to review this recipe. Serve over white rice and watch it disappear! · This flavorful bourbon chicken is great over white rice or sesame noodles. Let it cook while you're at work and get ready to enjoy it when you get home! · Skip the takeout and make this easy chicken fried rice at home. It's a simple weeknight dinner that's so budget friendly, and it's a real crowd-pleaser!