Hyderabadi Dum Biriyani. Hyderabadi biryani is one of India's most famous biryanis,some say biryani is synonymous with Hyderabad. The crown dish of the Hyderabad. i had already shared a hyderabadi veg biryani recipe and it was prepared without the dum style of cooking. i had used normal kadai with just one layering of biryani gravy and cooked basmati rice. Hyderabadi Biryani & Mirchi Ka Salan!!
This is the authentic style of making Hyderabadi biryani and in this recipe I am using the dum style to make Hyderabadi. Egg biryani recipe – Learn how to make hyderabadi egg biryani, a classic delicious aromatic biriyani made in dum style. Sometimes I also make a simple quick one pot egg biryani for our dinner. You can have Hyderabadi Dum Biriyani using 19 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hyderabadi Dum Biriyani
- It’s 1 Kilo of Chicken.
- You need 1 5 Cups of Basmati Rice water wash and soaked in for hr.
- It’s half for marinade and half for 5 of Onions fried layers.
- You need 1/2 Tablespoon of red chilli powder.
- It’s 4 Tablespoons of ginger-garlic paste.
- You need 15 of Green Chillies (grinded to paste and 5 for rice).
- You need 1 Bunch of Corriander Leaves grind to paste and fine chopped.
- It’s 1/2 Bunch of Mint leaves paste and a bit chopped.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of Shahzeera.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of Garam Masla.
- Prepare 450 Grams of Curd.
- Prepare 2 Pinchs of Saffron.
- You need 1 of Lemon /lemon jiuce.
- It’s 4 Teaspoons of Biriyani colour.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Milk.
- Prepare 5 Tablespoons of Ghee Desi.
- You need 4 – 5 of cinnamon Whole.
- You need 4 – 5 of Cloves Whole.
- You need 4 – 5 of Cardamom Whole.
How to Make Hyderabadi Chicken Dum Biryani. Clean the chicken and add chilli powder, coriander powder, ginger garlic paste, salt, turmeric powder, chicken masala and curd. Hyderabadi Mutton Dum Biryani, easy and delicious. Hyderabadi mutton biryani or kachay gosht ki biryani is a spicey, fragrant and colourful variant of biryani found in various parts of the world.
Hyderabadi Dum Biriyani step by step
- For the Marinade: Wash the chicken and drain out all the water..
- Mix salt, red chilli-powder, ginger-garlic paste, garam masala, and fried onion(crush it a bit), shazeera, nimbu juice,greenchillies, coriander leaves-mint leaves paste and curd..
- Marinate minimum for 1 hour (or a night before and refrigarate it).
- For Rice: Boil water in a big vessel with 4-5 loung, 3 elaichi, 4 dalchini with some coriander leaves and 4-5 green chillies and little lemon juice with 10 Teaspoons of salt..
- When the water starts boiling add the soaked basmati rice and cook till the rice grain can be broken into two. Strain the water and keep the basmati rice aside..
- Add 5 Tbspns of oil to the marinated chicken..
- Take a big Vessel to layer the biriyani and follow these steps: Layer 1 Put a very thin layer of cooked basmati rice.(so that your chicken doesnt burn if u happen to over cook).
- Layer 2 Add the marinaded chicken. Layer 3 Put Cooked basmati rice (put half).
- Layer 4 coriander leaves, mint leaves cut to small and fried onion (always put fried onion in the this layer and not in the top layer otherwise they become black because of the steam).
- Layer 5 basmati rice (the other half).
- Layer 6 Biryani colour mixed in 4 teaspoons of water with a pinch of saffron, milk 1/2 cup, Desi ghee 5 Teaspoons (do not add any oil).
- Now cover the lid of the vessel tightly with atta dough or aluminium foil..
- Now put this vessel on the stove and cook on low flame for 1 hour till done. Mix the biryani and serve with raita and or with mirchi ka Salan or baigare baigan.
Hyderabadi chicken biryani is a famous dish from the cuisines of India popular throughout the world. Master Chef Mehboob Alam Khan, a Nawab from a noble family (The Nizams of Hyderabad) is an Indian food connoisseur and culinary expert of Hyderabadi cuisine. Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani Recipe:Half boiled rice layered with fried onions, mint, cooked mutton, sealed with dough and slow cooked 'dum' style. While the debate what's better — Calcutta Biryani or Hyderabadi Biryani — remains, we think our dish wins. Biryaniwalla & Co. is sort of a hidden gem and we cannot get enough of their dum biryani.