Instant pot Portuguese Chicken and Rice. This Portuguese Chicken and Rice dish is not spicy with strong aromas from the turmeric and coconut milk. You'll love this flavorful yet mild & creamy sauce! Keyword: instant pot chicken and rice, instant pot portuguese chicken, macanese recipes, macau recipes, portuguese chicken.
You can cook rice & main dish separately in the. If there's one thing we find magical about Instant Pots, it's how quickly and perfectly they cook chicken and rice. The rice is the perfect texture and the chicken is insanely tender. You can cook Instant pot Portuguese Chicken and Rice using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Instant pot Portuguese Chicken and Rice
- It’s 3 of quarter parts of chicken.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of white cooking wine (can use regular white wine).
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- It’s 2 of small potatoes.
- It’s 3 of carrots.
- It’s 1 of small onion.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic minced.
- You need 1/2 of red pepper.
- You need 1/2 of green pepper.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 3/4 cups of coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of oil.
- You need 1 cup of jasmine rice.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
Instant Pot Chicken and rice – curried chicken and rice made in the Instant Pot is flavoured with garlic, ginger and curry powder. If you are like me who finds comfort in a bowl of rice and curry but don't want to spend hours in the kitchen, then this one-pot Chicken and rice are definitely for you. In this Instant Pot Cajun Chicken and Rice dish, chicken and rice are perfectly seasoned with Cajun spices and pressure cooked in the instant pot. I was sitting around reading the Instant Pot recipes and contemplating what to try next when my husband suggested Cajun chicken and rice.
Instant pot Portuguese Chicken and Rice instructions
- Take the first 4 ingredients and combine them. And marinate the chicken for 20 minutes..
- While the chicken is marinating, quarter the potatoes, slice the onion, cut the carrots into thirds, and slice the peppers into think slices..
- Heat the instant pot to sear with oil. Add onion and garlic.
- Add chicken… let the chicken caramelize before turning over. Add the turmeric, cumin, salt and pepper and stir until fragrant..
- Add the potatoes, carrots, peppers, bay leaves and coconut milk and stir..
- Put rice in a steamer basket then add the water and place in instant pot. Make sure all of the rice is covered with water. Close the lid and set to the chicken setting on your instant pot..
Okay, back to this Instant Pot chicken and rice. It is every bit as good as the original stove top recipe. I did have to strategize a little to get the cooking Add garlic, and continue to cook for another minute. Add remaining chicken stock, rice, thyme and stir together. Place the chicken thighs on top of the.