Creamy Chicken and rice soup. Instant wild rice is cooked in chicken broth with shredded chicken, then combined with thickened cream for a quick soup. All Reviews for Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup. This soup is a new flavor to me.
Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup recipe. Home » Main Dish » Chicken » Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup. I love anything with wild rice and this soup totally hits the spot on a cold day. You can cook Creamy Chicken and rice soup using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy Chicken and rice soup
- It’s 4 of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- Prepare 2 1/2 c of white rice.
- You need 7 c of water.
- You need 1 of large can cream of chicken.
- It’s 6 of chicken bouillon cubes.
- Prepare 1 can of carrots.
- Prepare 1-2 c of grated cheese.
- You need of Salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley.
It's thick, creamy, loaded with veggies, and the wild rice blend gives it a great flavor that you just can't find with white rice. Whenever I'm in need of a nourishing, soothing meal, I turn to this creamy chicken and rice soup. Although noodles tend to get all the attention, I actually prefer my chicken soup flecked. Quick and easy pressure cooker Chicken and Wild Rice Soup is a creamy soup that's loaded with chicken, two kinds of rice, carrots, onion, and celery.
Creamy Chicken and rice soup instructions
- Boil chicken breast with 1 or 2 bouillon cubes..
- While chicken is cooking open and drain carrots. With a fork, mash carrots into small pieces. (Optional: my kids don't like big chunks of carrots.).
- When chicken is done remove from water. In the water add the carrots remaining bouillon cubes and cook until the cubes are completely dissolved. Add a teaspoon of garlic powder a teaspoon of onion powder and 1-2 tablespoons of parsley.
- Add water and rice, cook until rice is done.
- Meanwhile, cube up or shred chicken.
- When rice is done add chicken, cream of chicken. And cheese salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and let stand 10-20 minutes. The rice will swell and soup thicken..
A while back, I spent two days at the Salt Lake City. Looking for the best Panera cream of chicken soup? Pour over chicken broth and milk and season with salt and pepper. Add rice and bring to a simmer until rice is tender and chicken is cooked through. (I call that a Mealtime Success!) This creamy chicken and rice soup takes advantage of a few short cuts – but in a very delicious way! Basically, this creamy wild rice soup is like a big, warm hug in a bowl!