Mexican Honey-Lime Chicken Sweet Potato and Red Bean skillet. Mexican Honey-Lime Chicken Sweet Potato and Black Bean Skillet (+Burrito Bowls) – A perfectly tasty and healthy skillet chicken dinner. These honey-lime flavors will leave you craving more! Load it up over brown rice for a burrito bowl or skip the rice for less carbs.
The next day I used the leftovers and made my husband a Mexican flatbread pizza and made myself a couple tacos. Add the sweet potato, bell peppers, red onion, chili powder, cumin, salt, chicken stock and lime zest. Mexican Honey Lime Chicken Sweet Potato Skillet. You can cook Mexican Honey-Lime Chicken Sweet Potato and Red Bean skillet using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mexican Honey-Lime Chicken Sweet Potato and Red Bean skillet
- It’s 1 lb of sweet potatoes peeled and diced into small cubes.
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil, divided.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped red onion.
- It’s 1 tbsp of minced garlic (3 cloves).
- You need 1 can of red or black beans, drained and rinsed.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of frozen corn.
- You need 2 tsp of chilli powder, divided.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cumin, divided.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s of Salt and ground pepper.
- You need 1 lb of boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into 2.5 cm cubes.
- You need 3 tbsp of fresh lime juice.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of honey.
- You need 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved.
- It’s 1 of avocado, diced.
- You need of Cilantro(coriander).
A perfectly tasty and healthy skillet chicken dinner. Cover and let cook until nearly softened, stirring. · Our sweet potato and sausage hash features fresh sweet potatoes, peppers, onions, ground breakfast sausage, and a blend of savory spices! These honey-lime flavors will leave you craving more! Load it up over brown rice for a burrito bowl or skip the rice for less carbs.
Mexican Honey-Lime Chicken Sweet Potato and Red Bean skillet instructions
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add sweet potatoes, saute 3 minutes. Cover and let cook until nearly softened, stirring occasionaly, about 8-10 minutes..
- Add in onion and garlic, saute(uncovered) for 1 minute. Add in red beans, corn, 1 tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp cumin, caynne pepper and season with salt and pepper to taste. Let cook, stirring frequently, until corn is heated through and potatoes are soft, about 2 minutes longer. Transfer to a large plate..
- Heat remaining 1 tbsp oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, season with the remaining 1 tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp of cumin and salt and pepper to taste. Cook, turning once halfway through, until chicken is cooked through, about 6-7 minutes..
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, whisk together lime juice and honey. Return sweet potato mixture to skillet, once chicken is cooked through, along with tomatoes and avocado. Add honey-lime mixture and cilantro and toss to coat..
Pot Roast with Potatoes and Carrots. I love the combination of corn, sweet potatoes and beans. The honey cilantro lime dressing is just. Canned sweet corn: Rinse and drain the corn before adding it to the skillet. Because the Mexican chicken and rice is enveloped in creamy refried beans and enchilada sauce, leftovers never really dry out.