Broccoli Cheese Soup – Stove Top Recipe. Word of caution: after cheese has melted, turn stove heat down to low or the cheese will stick to the bottom of pot. The easiest and the best Broccoli Cheese Soup – this soup recipe is high on the list of our favorites. This post may contain affiliate links.
If you love Panera Bread's Broccoli Cheddar Soup, you are going to be amazed with this copycat recipe! Stove Top Directions: In a large pot, melt the butter over medium. Keto Broccoli Cheese soup is loaded with broccoli and cheese plus low carb! You can cook Broccoli Cheese Soup – Stove Top Recipe using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Broccoli Cheese Soup – Stove Top Recipe
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need 1 of large carrot, peeled and finely diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/4 cup of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of unsalted chicken or vegetable broth.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of milk at room temperature.
- It’s 2 of heaping cups fresh chopped broccoli florets.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded + extra for topping.
- You need 1/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of each salt, pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of dried thyme.
- It’s 1/8 tsp. of each dried oregano, ground nutmeg.
This Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe is packed with so much flavor that even your non Keto family members will want a bowl You can certainly try this recipe in your crock pot instead of the stove top. Broccoli cheese soup recipes are full of easily curdled and scorched milk, flour and butter. Not to mention the sticky cheese. Why bother with an instant pot or crockpot when you can make it quickly and easily on the stove?
Broccoli Cheese Soup – Stove Top Recipe instructions
- Place the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, add in the carrots and onions and cook, stirring frequently, until onion is translucent…about 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook a minute or so more, until fragrant. Then add in the butter and let it melt down..
- Gradually whisk in the flour in small batches. Whisk constantly until all the flour is added and incorporated. Mixture will be very thick. Allow the mix to cook for 1 minute, continuing to whisk..
- Whisk in the broth in small amounts, whisking constantly, until fully incorporated. Once all the broth is added, whisk in the milk and increase heat to med-high. Let this mixture come to a low boil..
- Once it reaches a boil, stir in the broccoli and lower the heat to med-low. Allow to simmer until the broccoli is tender…about 7-9 minutes. (If using larger sized florets, it may take longer). Then stir in the cream cheese and let that melt down into the soup..
- Stir in the seasonings and taste to see if you think it needs anything else. Then, if you'd like a less chunky soup, use an immersion blender to puree to the desired consistency. You could also use a blender or food processor in small batches, just be careful not to burn yourself..
- Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in both of the shredded cheeses until it is all melted and incorporated in. That's it, you're ready to serve!.
Unraveling the mysteries of home cooking through science. In the world of cheaty foods, broccoli cheese soup has always seemed like one of the cheatiest. There's nothing wrong with owning it: Cheese is delicious, and not every single lunch has to. Fresh broccoli cheese soup is a delicious meal for a winter's night. You can make it with fresh or This recipe calls for sharp cheddar cheese and an array of fresh vegetables.