One-Pot Chicken & Rice. Why wash any more dishes than you have to? Feed the family with our wholesome chicken one-pot recipes. These hearty casseroles, stews, roasts and risottos save on washing-up and maximise flavour.
This one-pot dinner practically cooks itself with just a bit of stirring on your part. In a pot, heat the oil and brown the chicken. Add garlic, and sauté for about a minute. You can cook One-Pot Chicken & Rice using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of One-Pot Chicken & Rice
- Prepare 3 lbs of thighs and legs.
- Prepare 1 cup of carrots (cut in rounds).
- Prepare 1 cup of celery (sliced as thick as carrots).
- Prepare 1 of small onion (diced).
- You need 1 of small yellow or orange bell pepper (diced).
- It’s 5 of large cloves garlic (minced).
- You need 2 1/2 cups of rice.
- Prepare 5 cups of water.
- It’s 2 tbs of old bay.
- It’s 3 tbs of chicken bouillon powder.
- You need 2 tbs of black pepper.
- It’s of salt.
Chinese chicken and rice – a one pot wonder! Hands up everyone who would make fried rice more often but you never seem to have day old cooked rice when the craving hits? How to Make One Pot Chicken and Orzo. This hearty one-pot chicken stew practically cooks itself!
One-Pot Chicken & Rice step by step
- Brown chicken in large, deep pan, with lid on, on med. heat..
- Push chicken to one side, add all vegetables. Coat in pan liquids, sprinkle with garlic. Add lid back on for another 5-8 mins..
- Add rice and seasonings. Let toast for a few minutes. Add water. Replace lid..
- Cook on low – med. low for 25 mins. Turn off heat and let sit for 10 mins before fluffing rice..
- My electric skillet on the lowest setting did nothing after 25 mins, I turned up the heat to med. low and let it go another 25 mins. Came out perfectly..
- I used more rice and spices, because we like extra rice..
It's made all in one-pot with tender chunks of chicken and savory veggies. Enjoy it with crusty bread for an ultimate cold-weather meal! I just adore these one pot meals! More simplicity and less dishes to wash is my kind of dinner. I stuck pretty close to her recipe for my own one pot chicken and rice.