Teriyaki Chicken. This Easy Teriyaki Chicken Recipe tastes better than takeout. Teriyaki Chicken is a quick and simple dinner. Moist and Juicy Chicken thigh glazed with a sweet and flavorful sauce!!
Although the name "Teriyaki" is relatively recent nomenclature, the practice of cooking meat and fish in a mixture of soy sauce and sugar has a long history going back. Classic Chicken Teriyaki prepared in the authentic Japanese cooking method. Juicy and tender chicken is glazed in a flavorful homemade teriyaki sauce! You can have Teriyaki Chicken using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Teriyaki Chicken
- Prepare 500 of grans Chicken thighs.
- Prepare 100 Grams of Cabbage.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Say Sauce.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Mirin.
- You need 3 tbsp of Sake (Japanese cooking wine).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of Salad Oil (Fried Oil).
Teriyaki Chicken is the most popular chicken recipes in Japanese cuisine. Even though it originated from Japan, it has become an American staple that everyone loves! Teriyaki Chicken is loaded with mouthwatering sticky, savory and slightly sweet chicken. Teriyaki Chicken is a very popular Japanese dish and is so easy to make.
Teriyaki Chicken instructions
- Finely slice the cabbage and immerse in water for 7 – 8 minutes to make it crispy fresh, and then drain well..
- Poke holes into the surface of the chicken with a fork. (That way, it won't shrink and will absorb more flavor when cooked.).
- Mix the Say Sauce, Mirin and marinate the chicken. Leave for 10 minutes and turn over from time to time. Remove the excess moisture from the chicken..
- Heat a frying pan and add the salad oil. Place the skin side down. Heat over high heat till golden brown and turn over..
- When both sides of the chicken turn golden brown, turn the heat down to medium and cover. Steam cook for 5 minutes..
- Turn the heat back to high and add the leftover marinade and sauce it well onto the chicken for 1 minute. Cut the chicken into bite size..
- Soy Sauce – High recommend this soy sauce which is named Yamasa Konbutsuyu – SG$7~9/L at Dondon Donki, Mid Town Mart etc.
- Hinode Hon Mirin SG$4.6/320ml at RedMart. I think you can find it at FairPrice..
The sauce is just a mixture of soy sauce, sake, mirin and sugar. Just sauté the chicken and cook in the sauce (DO NOT marinate. This American-style chicken teriyaki is a little salty, a little sweet, a little sour, and has just the tiniest hint of spice from minced ginger: exactly what you'd want for dinner after a long day at work. Teriyaki Chicken is one of the classic takeout recipes we all love. No one thinks about how to make it at home mostly because we either have a restaurant we love or because we buy teriyaki sauce like.