BBQ Chicken Pizza. Though store-bought crust is convenient, I suggest using homemade pizza dough for the BEST flavor. Homemade pizza crust is so much easier. I've made BBQ chicken pizza before and it is much easier to gauge how much you put in it by eye.
If you've ever been to California Pizza Kitchen, then chances are you know the joys of a good BBQ Chicken pizza. Our recipe uses tangy gouda, creamy mozzarella, and a hefty dose of red onions and. This is similar to the pizza available at the California Pizza Kitchen. You can have BBQ Chicken Pizza using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Prepare of Desired amount of the following:.
- Prepare of Prepared pizza crust (or pizza dough and follow instructions on how to make).
- You need of Chicken strips or breasts or shredded rotisserie chicken.
- You need of Mozzarella cheese.
- You need of Parmesan cheese.
- You need of BBQ sauce (your favorite brand).
- You need of Medium-sized red onion.
- Prepare of Sliced pineapple chunks (optional).
It's great and really different from your traditional pizza. This BBQ chicken pizza is topped with BBQ sauce, shredded chicken, mozzarella, red onion and cilantro. Are you a pizza lover like me? Combine a whole wheat pizza crust, homemade clean BBQ sauce, shredded chicken, sliced red onions, and fresh cilantro for the Best BBQ Chicken Pizza ever!
BBQ Chicken Pizza instructions
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius (400 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Prepare all the ingredients..
- In a large pan cook the chicken until it’s done. Add desired amount of salt and pepper. Once done, shred finely and set aside..
- Cut the red onion into thin slices; set aside..
- Start assembling your pizzas! I layered my premade pizza crust with a little bit of BBQ sauce followed by: cheese, chicken, red onion slices, Parmesan, and then topped off with a little bit more BBQ sauce..
- Bake until the cheese has broiled and the pizza crust is a nice golden brown..
- Serve with a complimentary Caesar salad!.
This post is sponsored by Bob's Red. Top the pizza base with the BBQ sauce, bacon, mozzarella, shredded chicken, sweet corn, red Slide the pizza off the peel and into your Ooni pizza oven, making sure to rotate the pizza regularly. This BBQ Chicken Pizza with cilantro reminds me of a pizza we used to order at a local place when we lived in California. When we moved we had to make a version of our own at home and let me tell you. Wood fired pizza recipe topped with bbq sauce, chicken, red onions, and cilantro.