Chicken Sour cream Enchiladas. We have the easiest Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas Recipe packed with chicken, cheese and sour cream sauce. These are the best Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas. Sour cream and chicken fill these quick and easy enchiladas.
These rich and cheesy sour cream chicken enchiladas, which start with a rotisserie chicken to cut down on prep, are comfort food at its finest. Remove the baking dish from the oven when the enchiladas are blanketed with gooey melted cheese and bubbling in the tangy sour cream sauce. The sour cream enchiladas were stuffed with shredded chicken that had been spiced with generous amounts of salt and black pepper, a simple The sauce itself was a creamy blend of sour cream and chicken broth. You can have Chicken Sour cream Enchiladas using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Sour cream Enchiladas
- It’s 3-4 cups of cooked shredded chicken (I used rotisserie chicken).
- It’s 1 of medium yellow or white onion, chopped.
- You need 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- You need 1 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped parsley.
- Prepare 1 of large can enchilada sauce.
- You need 3 cups of shredded cheese (I use mexican blend).
- Prepare 6-10 of flour tortillas.
A few pickled jalapeños were added, yet they provided more color than fire, as all that. These Chicken Sour Cream Enchiladas and my favorite, more of a mild chicken and cheese comfort food. The sour cream and parsley balance each All you need to make these Chicken Sour Cream Enchiladas is shredded chicken (I used already cooked rotisserie chicken purchased at the grocery. Growing up in Texas, authentic chicken enchiladas were one of my favorite meals.
Chicken Sour cream Enchiladas instructions
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pan over medium heat, heat a teaspoon of olive oil. Add the onions and cook until translucent. Stir often. Combine chicken and onions in the frying pan. Stir until well combined..
- Pour ½ cup of enchilada sauce over the chicken and onion mixture- just enough to coat the chicken..
- Add the sour cream and parsley, stir until well combined..
- Once the sour cream and parsley are fully combined, turn off the heat. Now add the shredded cheese. I usually add 2-3 cups sometimes more depending on how cheesy I want it. I like this mixture to be creamy and cheesy. Once the cheese is melted and combined with the chicken and sour cream mixture taste it to see if needs anything more. More sour cream? More cheese perhaps? More sauce? Adjust it how you want it..
- Now it's time to fill the tortillas and make the enchiladas. (Spray your baking dish with non stick spray first.) Now just pour enough sauce in a baking dish to cover the bottom of the dish..
- Now take a tortilla and spoon some sauce on the tortilla. Next spoon on some of the chicken mixture..
- Roll up the tortilla and place it in the baking dish. Repeat steps to make enough tortillas to fill your baking dish or until the chicken mixture is used up..
- Pour enchilada sauce over the completed enchiladas. Spread it evenly over the top..
- Top with more shredded cheese and garnish with chopped parsley.
- Now they are ready for the oven. Cover with foil and bake 20-30 minutes. Remove the foil for the last 10 minutes of cooking. Since the chicken is pre cooked, you only need to bake them long enough for the sauce to start bubbling, tortilla edges are slightly crisp and the cheese is melted..
There's nothing like soft tortillas stuffed with juicy shredded chicken and smothered in flavorful white enchilada sauce. Creamy Chicken Enchiladas Made with Chicken, Sour Cream, Cream Cheese And More Stuffed Into A Soft Flour Tortilla. These Are The Creamiest Chicken Enchiladas You Will Ever Find! Chicken enchiladas with sour cream sauce. Tortillas filled with chicken, scallions and cheese and topped with a rich and creamy sour cream and tomato sauce.