Loaded Potato Soup – Slow Cooker. Stir in chicken stock, onion, garlic, thyme, butter and bacon until well combined. Cover and cook on low heat for Tried someone else's recipe for a loaded baked potato soup and it DID NOT turn out how I expected lol. There was too much back and forth to the.
Add the potatoes, onions, chicken broth, salt and pepper to the slow cooker. In a saucepan, combine the butter, flour, heavy cream and sour cream. Crockpot Potato Soup is a Healthy Potato Soup we simply love. You can have Loaded Potato Soup – Slow Cooker using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Loaded Potato Soup – Slow Cooker
- Prepare 8 slices of bacon.
- It’s 2 lb. of russet or yukon gold potatoes.
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 4 cups of unsalted chicken or vegetable broth.
- You need 1 tsp. of dried thyme.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of herbs de provence (or poultry seasoning works).
- You need 2/3 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (plus additional for topping).
- It’s 1 tsp. of dried chives.
- You need To taste of salt and pepper.
This Recipe for Potato Soup makes things easy by using a slow cooker! This slow cooker potato soup has the same ingredients as loaded baked potatoes–russet potatoes, bacon, Cheddar cheese, sour cream, and scallions–but is delivered Thick, creamy potato soup with cheese, bacon, and sour cream. The way momma always made it but slow cooker style! This loaded potato soup is made entirely in the slow cooker and tastes just like a loaded baked potato, yet is lightened up so you can have a guilt-free bowl!
Loaded Potato Soup – Slow Cooker step by step
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over med-high heat for 5-7 minutes, until browned and crispy (Or you can bake in the oven @ 400°F for about 12-15 minutes). Then remove the bacon with some tongs onto a towel lined plate and set it aside. Once it's cooled, roughly chop it..
- Peel and roughly chop the potatoes. Place them into a greased slow cooker along with half of the drained bacon (save the rest for topping the finished soup with), broth, onion, garlic, thyme and herbs. Give it all a good stir, then place the lid on and cook on low heat for 6-7 hours, until the potatoes are tender..
- Once tender, use a masher to just roughly mash some of the potatoes, until it reaches your desired consistency. Then stir in the sour cream, heavy cream, dried chives and the 1 cup cheddar cheese. Season it to taste with salt and pepper..
- Place the lid back on for an additional 15-20 minutes, until everything is heated through..
- Serve immediately, topped with the reserved bacon bits and additional cheddar cheese, along with some freshly chopped chives, if you'd like. Refrigerate any leftovers..
This comforting, creamy, slow cooker loaded potato soup is perfect on those chilly winter nights. Perfect for these cold, winter night. You can definitely use this recipe and make the soup on the stove for a shorter cooking time. When it's time to eat, load it up with classic baked potato toppings like bacon, green onions and cheese. Potatoes will turn black if you freeze them so prepare this potato soup on the day you will be serving it.