Mike's Southwestern Chicken Thighs Over Rice. These southwestern chicken thighs could be served over rice, cauliflower rice or in a tortilla, or just straight up! With tomatoes, cumin, chili powder, sweet potatoes and chicken thighs, it simmers until the sweet potatoes are soft and the chicken thighs are fall-apart tender. I re-uploaded this video with my usual music.
Southwestern Chicken and Rice takes all those flavors you love, like beans, corn, chili peppers, rice and chicken and seasons it all with taco seasoning. This southwestern chicken casserole is made with black beans and corn, cooked rice, and seasonings, along with an easy homemade sauce. In a saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat; stir in flour until well blended and bubbly. You can cook Mike's Southwestern Chicken Thighs Over Rice using 31 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mike's Southwestern Chicken Thighs Over Rice
- Prepare of ● For The Proteins.
- You need 8 of LG Bone In Chicken Thighs [excess fat trimmed].
- You need of ● For The Vegetables [all rough chopped & divided].
- It’s 1 of LG Viadailia Onion.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Green Onions.
- It’s 1 of Small Firm Tomato.
- You need 1 Cup of Fresh Cilantro Leaves.
- Prepare 2 of EX LG Jalapeno Peppers.
- You need 2 Cups of Pace Picante Hot Red Salsa.
- You need 1 of Green Bell Pepper [deseeded].
- It’s 1 of Red Bell Pepper [deseeded].
- It’s 1 of Orange Bell Pepper [deseeded].
- Prepare 1 of Yellow Bell Pepper [deseeded].
- It’s 2 tbsp of Fine Minced Garlic.
- It’s of ● For The Dried Seasonings [all divided].
- You need 1 tsp of Crushed Mexican Oregano.
- It’s 1.5 tsp of Ground Cumin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Chili Powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of Granulated Garlic Powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Granulated Onion Powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of Course Sea Salt.
- You need of ● For The Additions & Garnishments.
- It’s as needed of Lime Wedges.
- It’s as needed of Red Salsa.
- You need as needed of Fresh Cilantro.
- You need as needed of Fresh Parsley.
- Prepare as needed of Firm Avacados.
- You need as needed of Streamed White Rice [with dried cilantro].
- Prepare 2 Dashes of Chicken Broth.
- You need 1.5 Cups of Shredded Mexican 3 Cheese [divided].
Gradually stir in milk, chicken broth, and. This chicken skillet dish is made with instant rice, diced tomatoes with green chiles, corn, and black beans for a one-dish meal the family will love. This collection of top-rated recipes highlights this versatilty, featuring chicken thighs with international accents, from chicken curry to cacciatore. Get the last version of Best Chicken Thighs Recipes from Food & Drink for Android.
Mike's Southwestern Chicken Thighs Over Rice instructions
- Rough chop your vegetables and herbs..
- Pam spray a large oven safe pan. Smear half of your red salsa on the base of your pan. Sprinkle on half of your dried seasonings. Then, add half of your vegetables..
- Rinse your chicken, trim any unsightly fat and pat dry. Add to your pan fat side up. Spray chicken with Pam..
- Sprinkle on your other half of spices to chicken..
- Add large dollops of red salsa on top of your chicken..
- Sprinkle on half of your shredded cheese then top with your remaining vegetables. Add a couple dashes of chicken stock..
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese..
- Bake at 425° for 45 minutes wrapped up tight. Or, until they've reached an internal temperature of 180° to 185°. Check temp on your largest thigh..
- Serve with avacados, red salsa, lime wedges and white rice..
- Garish with cilantro and parsley. Enjoy!.
Baked chicken thighs is a quick, easy recipe that is a wonderful weeknight meal your family will love served with rice and a salad for a complete meal. Baked chicken thighs and rice is a great dish for everyday or anytime you have family and friends over for a meal. You could make this recipe using. Spiced Chicken Thighs with Garlicky Rice. I used bone-in chicken breasts instead of thighs and cooked them on the grill.