Chicken with rice and ground meat – riz 3a djej. I'm Anthony Rahayel, passionate Lebanese, dental surgeon by profession, professional photographer, advocate of great food, blogger. This delicious Lebanese rice with chicken dish known as roz a djej in Arabic, is served at every large family gathering, party, and holiday dinner (Even Thanksgiving!). The warm spices with ground beef and rice make it the perfect rice dish to be served alongside rotisserie chickens, a large turkey, roast.
Chicken and Onion Tagine (Djej Besla). Onions stew until soft and sweet in this satisfying one-pot chicken dish flavored with saffron, turmeric, lemon Cooked white rice, for serving. Make a spice paste: Using the flat side of your knife, chop and mash salt and garlic together on a cutting. You can cook Chicken with rice and ground meat – riz 3a djej using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken with rice and ground meat – riz 3a djej
- It’s 4 of chicken thighs.
- You need 2 of chicken breasts.
- Prepare 300 g of finely ground beef.
- Prepare 2 cups of white rice.
- You need 1 of big onion.
- Prepare 1 of small onion, finely chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of pine nuts, roasted.
- You need 1/4 cup of almonds, roasted.
- You need 5 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 liters of water.
- It’s 1 of cinnamon stick.
- You need 3 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 3 of cardamom pods.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
Savory chicken with white rice, scrambled eggs, sweet peas, onions, carrots tossed with soy sauce and finished with diced tomatoes. Cook rice according to package instructions. While cooking the rice, heat a well-oiled skillet over high heat. Cook the ground chicken until the golden in color, about.
Chicken with rice and ground meat – riz 3a djej instructions
- In a frying pan, lightly fry the chicken pieces on both sides in 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Remove and put in a saucepan. The chicken shouldn't be completely cooked..
- Add 2 liters of water over the chicken pieces and let it boil. As the water boils remove with a spoon any foam that might form on the water surface. Discard. Once the foam removed add 1 onion, cinnamon stick, cardamom pods and bay leaves to the water. Cover the pan with a lid keeping a small opening to prevent the water to overflow while boiling. Keep on medium heat until the chicken is well cooked..
- Once cooked, remove the chicken from the saucepan and set aside. Strain the chicken broth and keep aside for later use..
- In a deep pan, fry the chopped onion with 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil until golden, then add the ground meat and keep on cooking until meat turns brown..
- Add the rice, salt, pepper and cinnamon. Toss for 2 min then add 4 cups of chicken broth. Cover and let it simmer for 25 min or until rice is well cooked..
- To serve, put the rice in a large plate, place the chicken pieces on top. Sprinkle with the roasted almonds and pine nuts..
Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside. Add the onion and ground beef to the same hot pan. The top countries of suppliers are Vietnam, China, and Malaysia. This version combines basmati rice and red lentils with ground meat and warming Indian spices. Kheema, for minced or ground meat, may also be spelled keema or qeema.