Vol au vents. A vol-au-vent is a small hollow case of puff pastry. It was formerly also called a patty case. A light, round bite-sized shell of puff pastry, sometimes with a pastry lid, with a delicate filling, served as a hot or cold starter or hors d'oeuvre.
These cut vol au vent pastry cases are the perfect container for classic starter bouchées à la reine, or for any savoury filling of your choice! Vol-Au-Vent With Whitefish Poached In Shiitake Cream SauceCOOKING TO ENTERTAIN. Vol au Vent Recipe with Shrimp and Broccoli You can cook Vol au vents using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vol au vents
- Prepare of Ready made puff pastry (not ready rolled!).
- Prepare of Round pastry cutters:.
- It’s 1 of medium.
- Prepare 1 of small.
- It’s of Fillings examples:.
- You need of Egg mayo/salad.
- It’s of Prawn cocktail.
- It’s of Tuna mayo.
- Prepare of Chicken salad.
These Vol-au-vent recipes will make four different vol-au-vent fillings and trust us, they'll be gone in This easy vol-au-vent recipe uses ready-made vol-au-vent cases for some easy but impressive party. Translations in context of "vol-au-vents" in English-Russian from Reverso Context: Some nicely chilled Blue Nun and some vol-au-vents. Learn how to make these easy vol au vent from inverted puff pastry from scratch! My friends and I have been getting together for "ladies lunches" for years.
Vol au vents step by step
- Roll out pastry to approx ½ centimeters thick..
- Cut medium sized circles out of the pastry..
- Using the small cutter, press gently to make an indentation in the centre of cut out pastry circle, without cutting all the way through..
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20mins at 180-200°c.. until well risen and browned..
- Leave to cool. Then gently press the centres down to crack and flatten them into a pastry cup..
- Try to fill close to the time you intend to eat them. And ensure fillings are not too wet. For example, ensure prawns have been drained of any excess water before mixing with seafood sauce..
- Here, I used fresh king prawns which had 15 minutes or so to drain in a sieve before I mixed seafood sauce into them. I filled each Vol au vent with 3 prawns each. The remainder we used tuna sweetcorn mayo as a filling with a slice of cucumber. Both were delicious!.
These vol-au-vents are the perfect no-fuss fancy food; they look complicated, but are actually. Find vol au vent stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection. Thousands of new, high-quality pictures added every day. Vol-au-vent definition: a very light puff pastry case filled either with a savoury mixture in a richly flavoured. The vol-au-vent cases can be kept in an airtight container for up to a day before filling and serving.