Chicken chili tacos/burritos. TACO BELL CHILI CHEESE BURRITO RECIPE (scroll down) Remember when Taco Bell had the chilito or as it later became known, chili cheese burrito? Charred and Tender grilled chicken spiced with a special blend of homemade taco seasoning can be grilled or cooked on the stove-top. It's delicious in tacos, burritos, on salads, or for meal-prep!
It's so good served in a bowl with multi-grain chips, topped with reduced fat cheddar cheese or How To Freeze Chicken Taco Chili. I used canned chicken, green chilis, corn, beans, and enchilada sauce to make them. With a little cheese and some flour tortillas that I already had on hand. You can cook Chicken chili tacos/burritos using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken chili tacos/burritos
- It’s 1 lb of chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1 large of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 can of chili beans (med or hot).
- You need 1 cup of white rice.
- You need 3 tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 envelope of taco seasoning.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of warm water.
- You need 1 cup of salsa.
- You need 1 of shredded cheese.
- Prepare 1 of sour cream.
Grilled Chicken: boneless. skinless chicken breast, marinated and grilled to achieve a moist and flavorful bite. One Pot Chicken Taco Chili. (Image credit: The Kitchn). Start with Chicken Thighs and a Single Pot. Boneless, skinless chicken thighs are my favorite cut for many reasons; I particularly love them for chili since they add extra flavor and aren't quick to dry out.
Chicken chili tacos/burritos step by step
- Brown chicken.
- Add onion, taco seasoning, rice, water, and garlic.
- Let this cook down a bit.
- Add chili beans and salsa.
- Let simmer and cook down on low/med heat for about 10 min stirring occasionally..
- I used soft tortillas and put sour cream and shredded cheese first the the taco mixture…this melts the cheese! Wrap or add whatever else you want on a taco/burrito and enjoy!.
Leave room at the end for folding. NOTES : I also spoon a little more enchilada sauce over chicken mixture. Chicken Burritos – a Classic Mexican dish that will have the entire family, including those picky kids, running to the dinner table. It's the weekend and the weather is pretty depressing. It rained and it looks like it's going to rain some more.