Rice and Chicken Casserole. Chicken and rice casseroles are a staple of American cooking. This version uses cream of mushroom, cream of celery, and cream of chicken to give a rich flavor to a quick school-night dinner when getting your back-to-school Reviews for: Photos of Mamaw's Chicken and Rice Casserole. This chicken and rice casserole dinner from Delish.com is the easiest decision you'll make all week.
Casseroles are the king of one-pot meals, and this cheesy chicken and rice recipe delivers. Everything, even the rice, cooks in a single baking dish so all you have to do is pop it into the oven. How to Make Chicken and Rice Casserole. You can cook Rice and Chicken Casserole using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rice and Chicken Casserole
- It’s 1 pound of carrots.
- You need 1 pound of frozen broccoli.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1-1/2 cup of long grain rice.
- Prepare 1 of rib celery.
- It’s 1 of large onion diced.
- It’s 3 quarts of water.
- Prepare 3 cups of instant rice.
- Prepare 3 pounds of chicken thighs skin on and bone in.
- You need 1-1/2 tablespoons of kosher salt.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of minced garlic.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of Toppings——————.
- You need 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of butter.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
First, note that we use chicken thighs, instead of the more popular (and more expensive) breasts. The thighs have more flavor and are a little fattier, so they won't dry out with long cooking. The chicken pieces are browned in olive oil, removed, and then the onions. Chicken and Rice Casserole is the epitome of a casserole.
Rice and Chicken Casserole instructions
- Preheat oven 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel and slice the carrots. Dice the celery, add to the chicken and water and boil, add in the salt and pepper. After 15 minutes add the minced garlic and broccoli..
- Remove the chicken and take the skins off. I save mine to fry crispy latter for other recipes. Take and remove the meat off the bones. Chop the big pieces of chicken and return to pot. Add the long grain rice and boil for 15 minutes..
- Add instant rice to the bottom of the oven safe dish for the casserole..
- Mix the butter breadcrumbs and granulated garlic powder..
- Pour the chicken and liquids with the vegetables over the instant rice. Sir just a bit, to get the air bubbles out and the instant rice to rehydrate. Spread the breadcrumbs mix over the top of casserole..
- Put into the oven for an hour..
- Let rest 15 minutes and serve I hope you enjoy!!.
It doesn't really get much better or easier to make. Chicken and Rice Casserole is a classic family favorite here in the United States. In this recipe we've stuck with a completely "from scratch" concept. A lot of times nowadays, chicken and rice casserole comes from a box or is made from a bunch of canned ingredients. Who doesn't love a combo of chicken and rice, right?!