Chicken Vol au vent. Vol-Au-Vent With Whitefish Poached In Shiitake Cream SauceCOOKING TO ENTERTAIN. I found out that vol-au-vent cases are the same thing as puff pastry shells. So if you are using puff pastry shells please follow the instructions on the pack.
Is there anything a vol-au-vent can't do? Dress them up with poached oysters and caviar or make fast friends with chicken and white wine. How to Make Chicken Vol au Vent. You can cook Chicken Vol au vent using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Vol au vent
- You need 2 piece of of chicken breast.
- Prepare dash of salt & pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of carrot.
- Prepare 1 of celery.
- It’s 1/2 of chopped onion.
- You need 1 clove of garlic cloves.
- You need 1/2 cup of fresh mushrooms.
- It’s 1 tsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s 2 tsp of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 cup of heavy cream liquid.
- Prepare 1 of puff pastry.
A good vol-au-vent selection makes for great party food. Here's how to make your own with lots of lovely fillings. These Vol-au-vent recipes will make four different vol-au-vent Fill these ready-made vol-au-vent cases with these four varieties of filling including mushroom, chicken, prawn and ham. Give vol-au-vents a modern feel with a choice of pulled pork and spicy chicken fillings.
Chicken Vol au vent step by step
- Cut your chicken breast in thin slices..
- Chopped the carrot, celery, onion and garlic..
- Put the puff pastry in some small ramequin..
- Stir fry all the veggies first with olive oil , salt & pepper..
- Stir fry your chicken with salt & pepper with olive oil..
- Prepare your roux, in a pot put medium heat the butter..
- Add step the flour whipped add the cream step by step. Never stop to whippe. The bechamel is done. Need to be a bit heavy but not liquid..
- Pour the chicken inside the ramequin on top the puff padtry but not the grease..
- Add the veggies on top of the chicken.Add the bechamel everything need to be cover but not too much also.
- Cook at 350°F slowly its cook when your puff pastry id golden..
My friends and I have been getting together for "ladies lunches" for years. These vol-au-vents are the perfect no-fuss fancy food; they look complicated, but are actually simple and fun to make. Whenever I think of good friends and good company. Carême's signature vol-au-vent was known as the financière, the filling of which consisted of minced chicken, breadcrumbs, and mushrooms in a Madeira sauce. Today, vol-au-vent is typically served as a snack or an appetizer with either a chicken or fish filling.