Cauliflower Rice / Couscous with Chicken. No, it probably wouldn't win in a side-by-side taste test with either couscous or white rice, but it does a fair job of coming close. You make this copycat couscous by pulsing cauliflower florets in a food processor (or grating them on a box grater) until. Cauliflower Fried Rice with Chicken is a delicious way to enjoy fried rice but without all the extra carbs.
Of all the healthy food swaps that have caught fire in the past few years, cauliflower rice is one that I can fully get behind. Making cauliflower couscous couldn't be easier. You just grind up fresh cauliflower florets in a food processor until they resemble couscous. You can have Cauliflower Rice / Couscous with Chicken using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cauliflower Rice / Couscous with Chicken
- It’s 1 of big cauliflower head, washed and grated.
- You need 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 head of chopped garlic.
- It’s 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 2-3 tsp of butter.
- It’s 1/2 c of chicken- cooked or leftover, chopped.
- You need To taste of salt and pepper.
- You need of Green or red chillies, chopped (optional).
Steam the cauliflower in just enough water to coat the bottom of a pan. Then lightly sauté some nuts, fruit, and onions and toss with the "couscous". Easy, oven baked Chicken Cauliflower Rice Casserole with a cheesy, creamy sauce mixed through it all, is a simple dinner recipe cooked in just one pan. This awesome low-carb casserole packs a lot of flavor in a very filling, classic dinner that everyone loves!
Cauliflower Rice / Couscous with Chicken instructions
- Prepping the cauliflower: You can use a box grater or a regular one, as long as it turns out like couscous. When cutting it apart, drop/wash the pieces in salted water to flush out the insects/worms. Dry off as much water before grating. TIP: after grating, use a paper towel to absorb as much water as you can. If not, the texture will be mushy..
- Heat oil in a pan and saute garlic and onions in low heat until the onions are transparent.
- Add the grated cauliflower and mix in with your spatula..
- Add the butter. I prefer Anchor butter, its delicious! Mix in well..
- Drop in your coarsely chopped cooked or leftover chicken. Then chillies, if you like it spicy. Mix well..
- Taste and season with salt and pepper or more butter. The cauliflower cooks easily, about 7-10 minutes to let the flavors infuse..
In a large bowl, mix together the cauliflower rice, broccoli, chicken, mozzarella, ½ cup cheddar, the garlic powder, onion powder, and salt until well combined. If you have been following me for a while, then you know how much I love Indian and Persian food! Chicken biryani is quite possibly the most well-known rice dish from India, which is a long and complex dish. This low-carb skillet version transforms biryani into a quick. Working in batches, pulse the cauliflower in a food processor until coarse in texture, like rice.