Jamaican brown stew chicken. Brown Stew Chicken is a classic Jamaican stew made with chicken, vegetables and a heavy amount of aromatic spices. The end result is tender chicken, flavorful and rich brown stew gravy and a wonderfully scented kitchen. One of my dear friends and brothers, Lazarus Lynch, recently released.
I looooove spicy things in general (if you haven't figured that out yet). Watch me make this Jamaican Brown Stew Chicken from start to finish! Anytime I go to a Jamaican restaurant I always get either jerk chicken or brown stew chicken. You can cook Jamaican brown stew chicken using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Jamaican brown stew chicken
- Prepare 2 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s of chicken.
- You need 8 of chicken legs or 3 pounds of chicken.
- It’s 2 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of black pepper.
- You need of gravy.
- Prepare 2 cup of boiling water.
- You need 1 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1 tsp of hot pepper sauce.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ketchup.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic minced.
- Prepare 1 of red pepper chopped.
- It’s 1 of bushell of scallons chopped (white part only).
- Prepare 1 of green pepper chopped.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
However, I've only tasted a few brown stew chicken dishes that were actually full of layers of bold flavor. Hello my lovely love bug goooodies So you wanted me to show you How Restaurant Make Jamaican Style Brown Stew Chicken and i'm here to deliver , I do hope. I'm Jamaican and this is the way my Mama made brown stew chicken. It's traditionally served with rice and peas, sliced tomatoes / avocado and fried ripe plantain.
Jamaican brown stew chicken instructions
- Wash chicken with lemon juice and water and remove skin.
- Season chicken with salt, black pepper, and then add onions, peppers, red peppers and garlic..
- Marinate over night or atleast an hour..
- In a dutch oven fry chicken until brown and cooked all the way through.
- Once chicken is cooked remove chicken and pour out half the oil..
- To make gravy add green peppers onions garlic scallons to oil. Cook til onions are transparent..
- Add thyme, ketchup, hot pepper sauce and 1 cup of boiling water to gravy. Simmer for 5 to 7 min..
- Add cooked chicken to gravy and the cup of boiling water and simmer for 30min.
- Serve with white rice and vegtables and sweet plantains.
If you cut the chicken into very small pieces, you'll need to reduce the cooking times. These useful spices can be used to cook so many different meals! I served this with Jamaican rice and beans (recipe coming tomorrow), and a simple tomato avocado salad, and boy Jamaican Brown Stew Chicken – A spicy dish with skinless chicken legs and thighs, simmered in a pot with light coconut milk, scallions, onions. A wonderful collection of Gizzi Erskine recipes for perfect suppers. Jamaican brown stew chicken is simple to prepare and make, the blend of spices resulted in a mouthwatering, flavorful main dish.