Kolkata Style Chicken Dum Biryani. Chicken Biryani Recipe, Kolkata style Chicken Biryani Recipe, Chicken Dum Biryani Calcutta style, Kolkata restaurant style chicken biryani step বাড়িতে সহজেই ঝামেলাহীন ভাবে বানিয়ে ফেলুন চিকেন বিরিয়ানি EASY SIMPLE CHICKEN BIRYANI KOLKATA STYLE. Chicken biryani Resturent Style ll chicken dum biryani ll How To Cook chicken biryani at home.
Typical Kolkata biryani which is adopted from Awadhi style Biryani. However Diwali is a special occasion, so a little bit After I left my home town I missed Biryani like any other Bengali. Whenever I had an opportunity I used to visit Bangalore and try Kolkata style Biryani. You can cook Kolkata Style Chicken Dum Biryani using 26 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kolkata Style Chicken Dum Biryani
- You need 400 gm of chicken.
- Prepare 250 gm of Basmati rice.
- You need 2 tbsp of curd.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tomato puree.
- It’s 1 of onion paste.
- Prepare 2 of onions sliced finely.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ginger paste.
- You need 1/4 tsp of garlic paste.
- It’s 1 tsp of black pepper powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 2 drops of Mitha Attar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of rose water.
- You need 2 drops of orange red food colour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of soaked saffron milk.
- You need 2 tbsp of Shahi Chicken Biryani masala.
- Prepare 4 of bay leaves.
- You need 4 of cloves.
- You need 4 of cardamoms.
- It’s 1 of small stick cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 pinch of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped coriander.
- You need 2 of potatoes quartered.
- It’s 2 of eggs boiled.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ghee.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of refined oil.
- You need To taste of salt.
Authentic Indian Bengali Kolkata or Calcutta style Mughlai chicken dum biryani recipe, learn how to make or cook delicious, aromatic chicken dum biryani step by step. I am madly in love with this. The Kolkata biryani has a separate traditional biryani recipe. Biryani as a form of food came to Kolkata with the nawab of Lucknow, Wajid Ali Shah, who was exiled in Bengal.
Kolkata Style Chicken Dum Biryani instructions
- Grind to a paste 1 small onion and ginger chopped.Add curd,tomato puree and mix with the paste.Marinate the chicken pieces with salt and this paste and 1tbsp Shahi Chicken Biryani Masala.Cover and set aside for an hour..
- Boil eggs and potatoes separately.Smear little salt and turmeric and fry them lightly.Heat oil in a wok and fry the onion crispy brown.Also fry the eggs and potatoes separately and set both aside.Add ghee to the remaining oil and sprinkle half crushed whole garam masala and 2 bay leaves.Add the chicken and let it cook in low flame covered.If needed sprinkle some water and cook till done.Add the potatoes and eggs and toss along with chicken..
- Meanwhile boil the rice with 1 tsp salt and 2 bay leaves and 2 cloves,cardamom and cinnamon.Rice should be tender and 80% but not overcooked.Drain water and smear 1 tbsp oil in the rice.Set the rice aside for 10 minutes..
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a nonstick wok.Add a layer of chicken,egg and potatoes.Spread a layer of cooked rice.Spread fried onion.Sprinkle orange red food colour and saffron milk.Add another layer of chicken with masalas.Spread another layer of rice.Sprinkle some salt and black pepper powder.Also sprinkle fried onion.Sprinkle chopped coriander.Sprinkle 2 drops mitha attar and rose water.Cover tightly with a glass lid and cook on low flame for 10 minutes..
- Give 15 minutes standing time to this delicious flavourful biryani. Open lid,toss lightly and serve Kolkata style chicken dum biryani with chicken chaap,or any other chicken or mutton dish or raita..
So it is fair to say that the Kolkata biryani developed from the Lucknowi biryani recipe. Ingredients of Kolkata Style Chicken Biryani. How to make Kolkata Style Chicken Biryani Recipe. Kolkata style Chicken Biryani is much lighter on spices and serving potato with meat is the speciality of Kolkata Biryani. Calcutta or Kolkata style Chicken Biryani is a mixed rice dish inspired by Awadhi cuisine.