Aubergine and potato curry. This flavourful, make-ahead aubergine, chickpea and sweet potato curry will be popular with vegetarian guests. We earn a commission for products purchased through some links in this article. Aubergine, Chickpea and Sweet Potato Curry.
Even though it's an economical dish, it's still one of the classics. Check the seasoning and stir in the coriander. Serve with a dollop of natural yogurt. You can cook Aubergine and potato curry using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Aubergine and potato curry
- You need of Mixed spices like star anise and garam masala.
- You need of Potatoes.
- Prepare of Beef or chicken.
- Prepare of Coconut milk.
- It’s of Peppers.
- Prepare of Chillies.
- You need of Aubergine.
Top tip for making Aubergine, bean and potato curry. A simple vegetarian curry of fragrant aubergine and potato served with spiced rice. This can be a vegan curry if you replace the butter with oil. To serve, scatter half the coriander and the reserved onion over the rice.
Aubergine and potato curry step by step
- Find the spices combo that you like. Warm them in a dry pan to release oils..
- Aubergine in the oven. When done scrape out the innards and semi pulse in a liquidiser. Other veg like peppers can also be added. Boil the potatoes. Gently cook the beef..
- Add water if needed. Combine, Add chillies, Add coconut milk. Leave to cook on a low heat to bind the flavours..
Stir the garam masala through the curry and scatter with the remaining coriander. The rule with the potato and aubergine is, to use about the same volume (not weight as potatoes are heavier) of both. The potatoes make it a filling dish, and the aubergines and mushrooms give it interest and pleasing texture. The amount of curry paste can be changed to suit the taste of your family. Vegetable curry of aubergines and potatoes, in a creamy coconut and tamarind sauce.