Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps. This Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps recipe is one that took me years of trial and error, and lots of taste-testing, to get it just right. Let's walk through the process of making this chicken lettuce wraps recipe step-by-step. Don't forget to watch the video too!
These lettuce wraps have all the flavor of your favorite Chinese restaurant's, but with none of the gluten. And while these are an amazing appetizer, there's no reason that you can't have them as a dinner (I should know)! These Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps are your solution for an easy chicken dinner that packs a punch of flavor. You can cook Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- It’s 1 lb of chicken (chopped) I used 2 Large Chicken Breasts.
- You need 1 Cup of Red and Green peppers (diced).
- Prepare 1 (8 oz) of can of water chestnuts (drained and chopped).
- It’s 8 of Green onions chopped.
- Prepare of Lettuce for the Wrap.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of sesame oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- You need 2.5 tablespoons of hoisin sauce.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of ginger.
- Prepare of Dipping Sauce.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Splenda.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of ginger.
- You need 1 of teasponn of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of garlic.
- It’s 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
Do you ever feel like your life is so crazy that you are losing your mind left and right? Looking for an easy Asian chicken recipe? Chang lettuce wrap copycat from Delish.com is a great low-carb dinner! These Asian lettuce wraps make a delicious main dish for busy weeknights or can be enjoyed as an appetizer for a Chinese take-out style dinner party Should I Make Ground Turkey or Ground Chicken Lettuce Wraps?
Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps instructions
- Brown the chicken in a large pan, until cooked. Once cooked, put in a food processor to chop in fine pieces. Put chicken back into the pan..
- Add chopped green onions, chopped water chestnuts, chopped red peppers, soy sauce, hoisin, ginger, and sesame oil to the chopped chicken. Cook until the red peppers are soft (5 mins or so)..
- In a small bowl add the dipping sauce ingredients and mix well..
- I fill each lettuce wrap with the chicken mixture and then top with some of the dipping sauce (the dipping sauce is a MUST – do not skip it!!).
I've made this recipe using both ground chicken and ground turkey and both work. My daughters love chicken lettuce wraps and I heard that PF Changs were really good. We are looking forward to trying this out. Better than any CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAPS I've ever had anywhere. These Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps are reminiscent of PF Chang's Chicken Lettuce Wraps, yet they're gluten-free, paleo-friendly and much healthier.