Chicken, Aubergine and Tomato Tagine.
You can have Chicken, Aubergine and Tomato Tagine using 13 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken, Aubergine and Tomato Tagine
- It’s 8 of Chicken drumsticks :.
- It’s 3 tbsps of Olive Oil :.
- You need of Salt pepper and freshly ground.
- You need 2 of Aubergine : cut into bite-sized cubes.
- You need 1 tsp of Cinnamon Ground :.
- Prepare 2 of Onions : chopped fine.
- You need 3 of Chillies : chopped fine.
- It’s 2 of Bay leaves :.
- You need 1 tsp of Cumin Seeds :.
- Prepare 1 can of Tomatoes tomatoes : of chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Tomato puree:.
- You need 1/2 of Lemon lemon a : juice of.
- Prepare Handful of Coriander coriander of : freshly chopped.
Chicken, Aubergine and Tomato Tagine step by step
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a wide and deep non-stick pot, cook the chicken in a tbsp of oil.
- Allow it to get golden brown, flipping the chicken pieces constantly.
- Give it about 10mins and then set aside.
- Next, toss the aubergine pieces with the ground cinnamon and add it to the pan along with 1 tbsp of oil.
- Allow the aubergines to cook, should take about 8-10mins and then set aside.
- Add a tbsp of oil, saute the onions, chillies, bay leaves and cumin.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook on low heat for 5mins.
- Next return the chicken drumsticks and the cooked aubergines along with the canned tomatoes and the tomato puree.
- Cover with a lid and cook on low heat for about 20mins.
- Add some water if it gets dry.
- Finally add the juice of 1/2 a lemon, and the coriander and stir.
- Your Tagine is now ready! Serve it along with some couscous, or brown rice or even white rice if you don't have couscous at home.