Basil Pesto & Mozarella Chicken Thighs. Classic, simple basil pesto recipe with fresh basil leaves, pine nuts, garlic, Romano or Parmesan cheese, extra virgin olive oil, and salt and pepper. Learn how to make homemade basil pesto in this video. You'll simply need basil, nuts, Parmesan, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and salt.
And does it even taste good? Can you make dried basil pesto? When someone asked us this question, our first thought was: why on earth would you want to? You can cook Basil Pesto & Mozarella Chicken Thighs using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Basil Pesto & Mozarella Chicken Thighs
- You need 1 jar of basic Marinara Sauce.
- Prepare 6 of Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and Pepper.
- It’s 1 jar of Basil Pesto.
- You need 4 of Tomatoes, sliced.
- It’s 1 (8 oz) of package sliced Mozarella.
- It’s of Italian Seasoning.
- It’s of Parmesan Cheese.
- You need Handful of fresh Basil, shredded.
- It’s 32 oz of Angel Hair Pasta.
The key for this classic pesto recipe is to add the basil at the very end instead of blending everything all at once. Top with ½" oil to prevent browning. I hope you enjoy this easy Fresh Basil Pesto recipe! Basil pesto is a fresh, aromatic, insanely flavorful sauce.
Basil Pesto & Mozarella Chicken Thighs instructions
- Preheat Oven to 350°F.
- Pour marinara in a 13"x9" baking dish..
- Place chicken thighs in the baking dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper..
- Spread pesto on each chicken thigh.
- Cover them with tomatoes, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place Mozzarella slices on top of tomatoes and sprinkle with Italian seasoning and grated Parmesan cheese..
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until chicken reaches a minimum internal temperature of 165°F..
- 10 minutes before they finish, start your water or instant pot for the pasta and cook according to package instructions..
- Toss pasta with fresh basil.
- Remove chicken from oven (don't forget to shut it off)..
- Drizzle the pan juices over the pasta and serve with the chicken. Enjoy!.
- *NOTES** Do not skip out on the fresh basil, or the Mozarella. I even suggest getting some fresh tomatoes from your local farmers market. These items really make the dish *Pop*. If the Mozarella starts getting over cooked, cover with a piece of foil..
It's light, refreshing, summery and couldn't be easier to make with a handful of fresh ingredients. This homemade basil pesto is my absolute favorite. It's classic, simple, flavorful, and completely fresh. You'll appreciate how easily it comes together and that it tastes infinitely better than store-bought. Pesto, or pesto alla genovese, is a vibrant, garlicky green sauce that originated in Genoa, Italy.