Kerala Style Chicken Roast. Kerala Style Chicken Roast from Salu Kitchen is an easy and quick recipe that does not require too many ingredients Accessorise you kitchen with Amazon. Kerala Chicken Roast Recipe is a finger licking a semi-dry chicken curry made with marinated chicken is cooked in fragrant spices powder and a tomato base. Serve the Kerala Chicken Roast with hot steamed rice or kerala parottas for a lunch or dinner.
Coming to the recipe… The chicken is marinated in a rich blend of spices and cooked in a well balanced masala and coated with the flavoured coconut gravy in the end. Kerala chicken roast, a spicy and delicious Kerala-style chicken roast recipe with a semi-gravy consisting of onions and masala paste. This Kerala Chicken Roast Recipe is a family favourite which Amma's friend makes and sends over whenever us kids visit Kottayam. You can have Kerala Style Chicken Roast using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kerala Style Chicken Roast
- You need 750 gms of Chicken -.
- Prepare 2 tbsps of Coconut (Grated Fresh) -.
- You need 1 tbsp of Corriander Powder -.
- Prepare pinch of Cumin seeds – A.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Garam Masala -.
- You need 1 tbsp of Red Chilli Powder -.
- It’s 1 tsp of Pepper Powder -.
- You need 1 tbsp of Ginger/Garlic Paste -.
- You need 4 nos of Green Chillies -.
- You need 3 nos of Onion Shallots -.
- You need 2 tbsps of Oil -.
- Prepare pinch of Turmeric powder – a.
- It’s 2 of Curry Leaves – springs.
- You need 2 of Corriander Leaves – springs.
- You need of Salt – as per taste.
A chicken roast is one of the authentic, delicious menu items in restaurants.but Kerala Style Chicken Roast Recipe: South Indian Preparation, Chicken pieces cooked with pepper and spices. This dish goes well with rice. Never replace actual black pepper with pepper powder. This is one chicken dish which i have been planning to make for a very long time.
Kerala Style Chicken Roast instructions
- Take Chicken clean and marinate with chili powder,coriander powder, ginger/garlic paste,turmeric powder and salt.Mix well and keep aside for 4 hours..
- Take a pan and add oil,cumin seeds,shallots sliced,curry leaves.Mix well and add grated coconut.
- Add the marinated chicken and mix well.Close the lid and cook till the chicken is done..
- Once the chicken is 90% done add pepper powder,green chilies, Garam masala and cook till the chicken is dry.Do not cover with lid now..
- Once the chicken is dry garnish with fresh curry leaves and coriander leaves and serve..
Couple days back i made it and it was spot on. The flavours were perfect and we enjoyed with rice. Kerala Chicken Roast is a typical and traditional styled chicken roast dish full of flavor and aroma of a series of natural spices. The hot, spicy and thick flavored gravy blends well with porotta and rice dishes as well. Kerala Style Chicken Roast is unique and special with marinated chicken bits.