Mike's BBQ Pulled Pork & Chicken Sandwiches. Our homemade mashed potatoes served with gravy, cheddar cheese, and your choice of pulled pork or pulled chicken. This slow cooker Pulled Pork with BBQ sauce will be the most tender, moist, and flavourful you've ever had in your life! No self respecting BBQ Shack would cook pulled pork in a slow cooker.
Something wonderfully bad happened a few weeks ago concerning some bbq pulled pork I was smoking and I just have to share it. An American classic, the meat is slow-cooked then shredded or 'pulled' and layered with BBQ sauce, pickles and slaw in a soft brioche bun. After testing various methods for making Pulled Pork, this is my favorite way to cook it. You can cook Mike's BBQ Pulled Pork & Chicken Sandwiches using 22 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mike's BBQ Pulled Pork & Chicken Sandwiches
- You need of ● For The Shredded BBQ Pork & Chicken.
- Prepare 2 lbs of Pork Sirloin Tip Roast.
- It’s 2 lbs of Rotisserie Chicken.
- You need 2 Cans of Beef Broth.
- You need 2 Cans of Chicken Broth.
- Prepare 2 of LG Chopped Jalapeno Peppers [deseeded].
- You need 1/2 of Chopped Green Bell Pepper [deseeded].
- You need 1 of Chopped White Onion.
- You need 2 tbsp of Minced Garlic.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Ground Cumin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Hot Paprika.
- You need 4 Drops of Liquid Smoke [not extract].
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of Red Pepper Flakes.
- You need of ● For The BBQ Sauce.
- It’s 1 (18 oz) of Bottle Sweet Baby Rays Sauce [+ reserves].
- You need of ● For The Beads.
- It’s 8 of LG Hawaiian Rolls.
- Prepare of ● For The Toppers [as needed].
- Prepare of Thin Sliced Onions.
- Prepare of Vlasic Kosher Dill Pickles.
- Prepare of Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce.
We make a batch in the crockpot every week. Wondering how to make pulled pork in a slow cooker? Start with a boneless shoulder roast or substitute a boneless loin roast for a lower fat BBQ. I like BBQ pulled pork, I like coleslaw, I like pickles…but together, it was on a completely different plane of food awesomeness.
Mike's BBQ Pulled Pork & Chicken Sandwiches step by step
- Your shreded Rotisserie Chicken and Pork Sirloin Tip Roast pictured..
- Simmer for 2 hours covered. Add water if needed as the broth dissipates..
- Drain and shred your pork..
- Add your full bottle of Sweet Baby Rays. Mix well..
- Mix everything together..
- Use oversized sweet Hawaiian rolls..
- Garnish with thin sliced onions, lettuce and pickles. Serve with Bourbon Baked Beans. See my recipe if interested. Enjoy!.
Mike's BBQ Sauce & Spice Rub. This was my first time making pulled pork and I won't ever bother looking for a different recipe. This is one of those wonderful recipes that you don't forget. Our next door neighbor is a smokehouse bbq restaurant whose bbq is some of the best in the state and we liked this pulled pork better than his! Chef Tom brings together two of our favorite foods for these BBQ Pulled Pork Tacos, smoked on the Yoder Smokers pellet grill!