Pesto pasta salad. This pesto pasta salad recipe is bursting with bold, fresh flavors! It's light, healthy, and sure to please everyone. It's prime time for fall picnics, and this light and fresh pesto pasta salad is just the ticket.
Before tossing the pesto with the pasta, you'll add three simple upgrades: lemon juice, mayo, and spinach. Rotini pasta is tossed with pesto, fresh mozzarella, and tomatoes for a colorful pasta version of Caprese salad. Pasta salads are the ultimate summer move, especially when it's too hot to use the oven. You can cook Pesto pasta salad using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pesto pasta salad
- You need 1/2 lb of pasta.
- You need 3/4 cup of prepared pesto.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped red onion.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped/crumbled feta.
- You need 1/4 cup of crasins.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped broccoli.
- It’s 1/2 cup of almonds toasted.
- Prepare 1 of optional-roasted chicken for the must eat meat folks.
Adding an easy homemade pesto to pasta salad elevates it to much more than a picnic or barbecue side. Pasta salads can be served as a main dish with a side of grilled corn on the cob and fresh fruit, or as side dish served with something off the grill. A scrumptious pesto-flavored salad with crunchy lettuce and yummy noodles. Reviews for: Photos of Pesto Pasta Salad.
Pesto pasta salad instructions
- Cook pasta. Best options include bowtie but anything works from orzo to elbow.
- Chop onion and broccoli add to bowl.
- Add feta and crasins.
- Add pesto and hot pasta mix well adding a bit more pesto to taste..
- Serve warm add toasted almonds to each serving.
- If you must roasted chicken can be added for meat eaters..
Pesto Pasta Salad. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Fresh Pesto Pasta Salad with homemade basil pesto, tomatoes and fresh mozzarella. An easy summer salad for everyone to enjoy. When I was little, I didn't really like summers. Enjoy this veggie pesto pasta salad with cucumber, peas, cherry tomatoes and basil for an easy family meal.