Chicken Noodle Soup (from scratch). A homemade Chicken Noodle Soup recipe made from scratch using a whole chicken. With a beautifully flavoured golden chicken broth, this is a classic everyone should know! And everybody knowns Chicken Soup is the best soup for a cold!
This recipe takes awhile but it isn't complicated at all. This version is made from scratch, so it's light and nourishing. All the goodness from the chicken in one pot of soup. You can have Chicken Noodle Soup (from scratch) using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Noodle Soup (from scratch)
- You need 1 of chicken (remove giblets, rinse).
- Prepare 5 of celery stocks.
- It’s 5 of carrot sticks.
- It’s 1 of yellow onion.
- You need 1 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1 tsp of parsley.
- Prepare 1 tsp of basil.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1 batch of noodles (See recipe).
If you have a couple hours, making chicken noodle soup entirely from scratch is the way to go. I prefer egg noodles for chicken noodle soup, but I have also made this with spaghetti, linguine, etc. This recipe is great for using up an open box of pasta. Did you try this homemade chicken noodle soup from scratch?
Chicken Noodle Soup (from scratch) instructions
- Place the chicken in a stock pot. Cover with water. (Water should be about an inch above the chicken).
- Cut the vegetables up. At aside..
- Simmer the chicken (at least 1.5 hours). Remove the foam as it develops..
- After at least 1.5 hours: Add the vegetables. Continue to simmer for about 30 minutes..
- Remove the pot from the stove. Remove all ingredients. Strain the broth..
- Prep the ingredients for the soup: cut vegetables, remove meat from the bones, discard the chicken skin, and prep the noodles (See my recipe)..
- Place broth, chicken, and the vegetables back into the stock pot. Add spices. Turn heat on high (to boil)..
- Add the noodles and cook till desired..
- Serve and enjoy..
Pin it and share it if it looks good to you. The noodles are made from scratch, which makes this dish very special and welcome in any home. You can picture a housewife kneading dough, the chicken broth boiling in a huge pot on the stove behind her, giving off a great aroma, filling the whole house, and her family excited about the. The BEST chicken noodle soup you'll ever make, starts with a simple homemade chicken broth, and the option of making your own egg noodles! Remove the soup pot from heat as soon as the noodles are just barely tender, as they will continue to cook off of the heat.