Eggplant & Chicken Tomato Curry. Eggplant is a popular vegetable and a good source of antioxidants. Here, learn about its potential health benefits and some ideas about how to prepare it. Eggplant is the common name for a perennial plant, Solanum melongena, of the potato or nightshade family Solanaceae, characterized by large leaves, white to purple flowers with a five-lobed corolla and yellow stamens, and an ovoid fruit with numerous, small seeds.
Eggplant is low in carbohydrates and calories and a good source of manganese. Eggplants—also known as aubergine or brinjal—are warm-weather vegetables that are harvested in Eggplant tastes best when harvested young. See more about growing and harvesting these lovely. egg + plant, originally applied only to the white-colored variety. eggplant (countable and uncountable, plural eggplants) (Canada, US, Australia, New Zealand). (Canada, US, Australia, New Zealand) The plant Solanum melongena. You can have Eggplant & Chicken Tomato Curry using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Eggplant & Chicken Tomato Curry
- It’s 1 can of Ready-made tomato sauce (I use Kagome brand).
- It’s 1 of Eggplant (small Japanese type).
- You need 100 grams of Chicken thigh meat.
- It’s 1 clove of Garlic.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Curry powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of ◎Mirin.
- It’s 1 tsp of ◎Honey.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ◎Sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of ◎Japanese Worcestershire-style sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of Milk.
- You need 1 of Olive oil.
- It’s 2 of rice bowls' worth Hot cooked rice.
- Prepare 1 of Fresh parsley.
Eggplants are fruits that like to pretend they're vegetables (and we'll play along and call them a vegetable for this Ingredient of the Week). They're thought to go all the way back to prehistory in India. From Japanese to Italian to Thai. When you hear "eggplant," you may imagine an oblong, deep dark purple vegetable with a jaunty green cap attached to it.
Eggplant & Chicken Tomato Curry step by step
- This is the sauce I used (Kagome Basic Tomato Sauce). Since it's a basic sauce, you only have to add a little flavor. Simple and convenient..
- Mince the garlic..
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces..
- Remove the stem end of the eggplant and cut into large bite-sized pieces. Put in a bowl, cover with water, and set aside..
- Put olive oil and garlic in a frying pan and cook over low heat. Once the garlic becomes fragrant, add the chicken and cook until both sides are golden brown and it's cooked through..
- Drain the eggplant well and add it to the frying pan. Once the eggplant absorbs the oil, add the curry powder and lightly mix. Cook, then turn off the heat..
- Add the canned tomatoes and turn on the heat (medium heat). Add the ◎ ingredients in the order listed and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring often..
- Add the milk and mix. Boil lightly, then turn off the heat. Serve up the rice and pour the sauce over it and top it with parsley..
Graffiti eggplant, sometimes called Sicilian eggplant, get its name from its purple and white stripes. Unfortunately, the stripes do disappear when the eggplant is cooked. Eggplant, Solanum melongena, is a tropical, herbaceous, perennial plant, closely related to tomato, in the family Solanaceae which is grown for its edible fruit. Learn everything you need to know about selecting, storing, and preparing eggplant so that you feel confident enough to use this yummy veggie in your. Browse All Eggplant Recipes. aubergine. berenjena. brinjal. garden egg. egg apple. patlican. melongene. melanzane.