Slow cooker queso chicken tacos. Lightly spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken in a single layer and sprinkle taco seasoning evenly on top. In your slow cooker, mix the salsa, lime juice, taco seasoning, and cilantro.
Chicken tacos are a popular dinner in my house. We love tacos because they are so customizable. Slow cooker chicken tacos make for an easy Mexican feast any day of the week. You can cook Slow cooker queso chicken tacos using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow cooker queso chicken tacos
- You need 2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- It’s 1 (1 oz) of package taco seasoning.
- You need 1 (10 oz) of can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chiles.
- It’s 1-1/2 cups of Mexican cheese dip (refrigerated or jarred).
Bone-in chicken breasts simmer in a savory chipotle sauce until fork tender. Once shredded, generously stuff the chicken in lightly charred tortillas with your favorite toppings. This Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos recipe is healthy and an easy solution to weeknight night dinner. You can also make this recipe in the Instant Pot!
Slow cooker queso chicken tacos instructions
- Place chicken in a 6-qt slow cooker. Sprinkle with taco seasoning and top with tomatoes. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours. Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred with two forks. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in cheese dip. Serve with tortillas or hard taco shells and favorite taco toppings..
- Ninja foodie/ instant pot – add all ingredients and 1 cup water cook on hi for 15-20 if using frozen chicken, if its a freezer meal cook for 30 mins. Quick release shred up the chicken add back to pot drain some of the water add in your cheese and mix,done.(pics are a freezer meal).
- This is the cheese I used, get a good quality its where the flavor is going to come from. I used half the jar gave it a nice kick of heat..
- How to make in a freezer meal, follow me on Instagram. youtu.be/DLQHvKtmZK4.
These Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos take almost no time to make and they'll disappear faster than imaginable! Top each taco with caramelized onions, corn, avocado, cilantro, salsa and queso as desired. Add any additional toppings as needed. The slow cooker is a lifesaver, and these slow cooker chicken tacos are a yummy homemade meal! Make these tonight and see for yourself!