Ken's Savory Chicken Noodle Hotdish Casserole. Creamy chicken and noodle casserole topped with crushed crackers. Wonderful as leftovers topped with melted cheese! A chicken noodle casserole with a creamy Parmesan cheese sauce.
Who doesn't love chicken noodle soup? This chicken noodle casserole is the adult-approved version of the original classic. Even better, it cooks up in under an hour on even your busiest days! You can have Ken's Savory Chicken Noodle Hotdish Casserole using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ken's Savory Chicken Noodle Hotdish Casserole
- You need 2 lb of Chicken Breast.
- Prepare 2 (4.3 oz) of Knorr's Chicken Fettuccini Side or Soup mix -or-.
- You need 1 of Bear Creek Chicken Noodle Soup mix.
- You need 2 tbsp of Butter (optional, for pasta).
- It’s 2 cans of Green Beans, drained.
- Prepare 1 of small pkg Mushrooms or 2 cans of Mushrooms, drained.
- It’s 1/2 of white Onion.
- It’s 4 cups of Shredded Cheese.
Savor the comfort of chicken noodle soup in casserole form with this light, flavorful meal, best served with a side of crusty bread and a green salad. Add cooked egg noodles to baking dish; stir in chicken mixture until mixed well. This cheesy chicken noodle casserole is made with a creamy mushroom sauce, chicken, cheese This chicken noodle casserole is a classic comfort food. No fancy ingredients, and very easy to My toddler loved this but I found it to be very sweet and not savory at all.
Ken's Savory Chicken Noodle Hotdish Casserole step by step
- Pre-cook Chicken Breasts until cooked thoroughly (20-50 minutes depending on fresh or frozen), then dice.
- Dice your half Onion and cook until tender (in water or oil).
- Prepare Chicken Noodle Pasta side as shown on package, or if you have the soup, prepare with about 4 cups of water for the consistency we're looking for. (I grab the 'double pack' shown whenever possible).
- Drain Green Beans and drain or slice Mushrooms and combine these all with prepared Onions, Chicken, Noodle mix, and 2 cups of Shredded Cheese.
- Pour mixture into 13×9 casserole dish and top with remaining 2 cups of Shredded Cheese, and bake on 425°F for 20-25 minutes, turning on your broiler for the last few minutes for your cheese topping if you want.
The only savory thing was the. Hooked on Hotdish: Make-Ahead Lighter Casseroles. These comforting hotdish recipes will have you scouring your cupboards for ingredients to make King Ranch Chicken Noodle Casserole. We've taken a traditional chicken casserole and added some Mexican flavors for a new and delicious take. Chicken casseroles are tasty, easy to prepare and freeze well for future meals.