Simple Hainanese Chicken in Rice Cooker. Hainanese Chicken Rice. featured in Brilliant Chicken Dishes From Around The World. Recipe with step by step photos for Hainanese Chicken Rice and soup. Complete guide on how to poach the chicken, make the dipping sauce, cook the rice and make the soup.
The chicken and rice are cooked together in one rice cooker pot, which makes this dish extremely easy to prepare, but no flavour is sacrificed! I then remembered my mom tried cooking chicken rice in a rice cooker before – her rice cooker had a steamer insert, so she placed the seasoned rice in. Hainanese Chicken Rice is a very popular dish in Singapore and Malaysia. You can cook Simple Hainanese Chicken in Rice Cooker using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Simple Hainanese Chicken in Rice Cooker
- Prepare Half of breast chicken fillet.
- It’s 100 ml of rice.
- It’s 160 ml of broth.
- You need 1 tsp of grated garlic (you can use garlic powder in lesser quantity).
- It’s 1 tsp of grated ginger (you can use ginger powder in lesser quantity).
- You need 1/2 tsp of onion flakes (a few regular onion slice swill do).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oil (I used fermented garlic oil, but you can use sunflower, corn, etc.).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need of Lime juice.
In fact, Singapore has claimed this as their national dish! It's not just plain white rice. Normally, the uncooked rice is stir-fried in ginger and garlic, then cooked in chicken broth. Learn how to make delicious, easy, and quick Hainanese chicken rice with a pressure cooker or RICE setting on Instant pot.
Simple Hainanese Chicken in Rice Cooker step by step
- Coat chicken with salt and lime juice..
- Mix all ingredients except chicken in a rice cooker (I use a small one, 600 ml capacity)..
- Put the chicken inside. Press COOK and wait until it's cooked..
Can be cooked using rice cooker too. Super simple and satisfying Hainanese chicken rice: juicy steamed chicken and ginger garlic rice cooked in the same pot. Have you ever had Hainanese chicken rice before? Are you as obsessed with it as I am? I'm guessing the answer is no because I have a lifelong, deep obsession with chicken.