Crispy chicken with spicy honey and tamarind sauce 🍗 🍯 🌶. Chicken crispy is the most loved starter dish which everyone loves to have while dining out. The crispy chicken bites fried in a delicious sauce really. This Chinese Crispy Chicken with Honey Garlic Sauce is one of those meals everyone loves!
I think the chicken's crispiness is what makes it. And that spicy sweet orange sauce is like icing on the chicken cake. That sounds so weird but you know what. You can have Crispy chicken with spicy honey and tamarind sauce 🍗 🍯 🌶 using 22 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crispy chicken with spicy honey and tamarind sauce 🍗 🍯 🌶
- It’s 250 g of chicken breasts (cut into pieces).
- Prepare 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1 of tap minced ginger.
- You need 1 teaspoon of soysauce.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- It’s 2 cups of vegetable cooking oil (for deep fry).
- You need of Batter mix.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of corn flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of plain flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s Pinch of salt and pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of very cold water (may need more).
- Prepare of For spicy honey tamarind sauce.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of palm sugar or brown sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of tamarind paste or vinegar.
- It’s 1 tsp of thai chilli flakes.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of light soysauce.
- Prepare 4 teaspoons of honey.
- You need 4-5 tbsp of water.
- Prepare of For garnish.
- Prepare of some coriander.
Add the rice and soy sauce and toss until well combined. Remove from heat and toss through the spring onion Subscribe Newsletter. Stay in touch with my latest recipes and updates! 💃🏻🌶🔪🚀🍜. Add the honey-tamarind dipping sauce to the bowl of chicken and toss to coat. (Also called crispy shredded chicken…) It is also quite an easy chicken recipe to follow.
Crispy chicken with spicy honey and tamarind sauce 🍗 🍯 🌶 step by step
- Prep the chicken: Put the chicken in a big mixing bowl and mix with salt and ground black pepper..
- Add corn flour, plain flour, baking powder, cold water and pinch of salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Mix all well and leave it aside..
- Fry your chicken: Heat up a wok with the cooking oil over high heat for 5 to 6 minutes. How to know when the oil is ready ; You can dip a tip of chicken into the hot oil to see if it is right temperature or not. If several bubbles come up, means it’s ready and it’s time to fry. You also can use wooden chopstick and dip In the hot oil. If server bubbles come up around chopstick means it’s ready..
- Put chicken pieces into the hot oil one by one. Let them cook for about 3-5 minutes until the outside of the chicken turn a little crunchy and golden. Then flip them over with tongs, splitting up any pieces that stick together..
- Cook your chicken for another few more minutes and then turn them all over. Keep frying and occasionally turning over for another 10 minutes until all sides are golden and crunchy. Transfer the chicken one by one into a plate that lay with kitchen towel..
- Make spicy honey and tamarind sauce: Heat up a saucepan for a couple of minutes, add soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and stir until well melted. Add honey, chilli flakes and stir. Add some water and keep stirring in low heat, let it cook for about for another 10 min until sauce become thickened..
- Place the chicken into a big mixing bowl, pour your spicy honey tamarind sauce in and stir well to coat evenly..
- Garnish with some coriander leaves. Serve right away for an extra crunchiness. Perfect with stir fried rice 😊💗..
One day I was in my favourite local Chinese with my best friend I know right, Golden Syrup, why don't they just call it Battered chicken in Golden syrup sauce? Well maybe it doesn't sound that appetising I suppose. Taking the time to pack the flour into each piece of chicken creates lots of craggy bits that fry up crisp and light. Frying the chicken at a low temperature gently cooks the inside for tender. Pretzel crumbs create a super-crisp coating for chicken, and oven cooking reduces the fat content.