Chicken Vindaloo – Goan Style. Chicken Vindaloo Goan Style Recipe ►This Tangy and mild spicy Goan Style Chicken Vindaloo, is a thick curry prepared with. Learn to make chicken vindaloo goan portuguese style. Goan Chicken Vindaloo, a delicious recipe which is made in every Goan household and is enjoyed with Steamed Rice, Whole Wheat Lachha Paratha or Bread.
Originally the vindaloo is made with pork but chicken is easier to cook with and also easier to find, atleast in India. This recipe would also work with mutton. To get the right texture and avoid labouring on the stove for too long- pressure cook the mutton before adding to. You can cook Chicken Vindaloo – Goan Style using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Vindaloo – Goan Style
- It’s 500 gms of boneless chicken.
- Prepare 2 of onions chopped.
- Prepare 3-4 of garlic cloves chopped.
- It’s 1" of ginger chopped.
- Prepare 2 of green chilies.
- It’s 1 tsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of vinegar.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- You need 3-4 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 tbsp. of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of garam masala powder.
The "Vindaloo" style of cooking is of Goan origin – and is essentially a fiery-hot "sweet and sour" style curry. It can be cooked with any meat – and tonight I'm doing it with Chicken. I've never cooked this before – so I had to do some research. The Goan style chicken vindaloo recipe is made with a ton of spices.
Chicken Vindaloo – Goan Style step by step
- Grind 1 onion, ginger, garlic, green chilies and the tomato into a paste. Marinate the chicken with this paste. To it add the red chilli powder, salt, turmeric powder, pepper powder, cumin powder, vinegar and garam masala powder. Leave it overnight preferably..
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and saute the remaining chopped onion till light brown. Now add the marinated chicken and cook, covered on a low flame till dry..
- Sprinkle water and stir at intervals. When the chicken is soft and the gravy thick, take off the heat and serve with steamed rice..
It is the spices that add flavour to the dish apart from the juicy chicken added to the recipe. Chicken Vindaloo is a dish that needs no introduction. A famous, often fiery, red curry from Goa, vindaloo has made a name for itself in the world of books. Like the beautiful land of Goa, it is calm and inviting on the surface but oozing with depths of flavor and spices. You can't rush Vindaloo… it takes.